Forums Latest Members
  1. Drax Nov 17, 2012

As the owner of (what some may describe as an inferior watch;) ) a Seamaster quartz - I was just wondering how to preserve the battery life.
    I only wear the bloody thing once in a blue moon. My unfortunate disability of employment requires me to work all week & weakends(sic) too.
    Should I preserve the battery by pulling the winder to its second setting? i.e as if your'e setting the minutes/second hand?
    Will it cause any damage by leaving/storing the winder in that position? e.g Dust/Debris may get past the seal?
    BTW - It is stored in its original box etc!:)

2. pascs Nov 17, 2012

The first battery in my Seamaster Quartz lasted about 6 years and that was just with it left ticking as normal. I dont know about any advantage or disadvantage of pulling out the crown but if the normal battery life is 6 years I'm not particularly bothered about increasing battery life.

I would be interested if pulling out the crown reduced wear on the mechanism due to it not ticking as long as there were not detrimental effects

3. Wheels Nov 17, 2012

Pulling the down wont preserve the battery because there is still power going to the mechanism, it's just not ticking. In addition, trying to make batteries last a long time just increases your chances of a leak. Besides 6 years is a good trot and you can get the seals changed and a pressure test when you get the battery changed as 6 years is a good time for that too!

4. MST Nov 17, 2012

What model of quartz Seamaster is it? If it's a 2541.80 then how much do you want for it? ;)