Forums Latest Members
  1. SFL Jul 16, 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first post! :)

Whilst on holiday I noticed two marks on the 12 baton on my watch. Admittedly I'd never seen them before, and perhaps only spotted them as I was in a well lit bathroom. I'm a little baffled to how they have occurred. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

omega.JPG
  2. Canuck Jul 16, 2017

Did the watch come from an authorized dealer, and is the watch new enough to still be under warranty? Have you had any work done on it? The answers you seek here can only be answered by delving into the problem.

3. SFL Jul 16, 2017

Thanks for the reply, Canuck. Yes, the watch was bought new from Ernest Jones, who are an AD. No work has been done. Unfortunately the watch is three months out of warranty.

4. Canuck Jul 16, 2017

How big a problem the mark on the index might depend on what constitutes the mark. A scratch? A piece of lint? A smudge? Your watch is a co-axial, and it is my understanding that the warranty on these might be longer than the usual year. But you say the warranty has lapsed. Have you talked to the dealer re: the problem? They would be the ones to identify the problem, and suggest a solution. Let us know how you solve the problem.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2017

High g shock made the hour hand hit the marker?

Lint?

6. SFL Jul 17, 2017

Canuck, I took the watch to a local Ernest Jones and they said they couldn't see anything. I'll see if I can take it to the store I bought it and see what they say.

Foo2rama, I have no idea. I'm baffled. Clearly it needs investigating to establish what exactly the issue is.