Forums Latest Members

BaselWorld 2018: Introducing The New Omega Seamaster Diver 300M

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Mar 21, 2018

[​IMG]
    Introduced in 1993, the Omega Seamaster Diver 300M celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2018. Therefore, Omega will be introducing an updated version this BaselWorld 2018. The Seamaster Diver 300M, introduced as the 2531.80 for the automatic version and as 2541.80 for the quartz model (both models featured in the Pierce Brosnan James Bond movies), came […]

Visit BaselWorld 2018: Introducing The New Omega Seamaster Diver 300M to read the full article.

Longbow, BenBagbag, gippo and 5 others like this.
  2. omegasaso12 Mar 21, 2018

Me like this very much ☺

3. Streichi Mar 21, 2018

Damn yeah. Its beautiful but i would not sell my black ceramic for it from this pictures alone

Matthew12, JGroom and Tiny Iota like this.
  4. jets Mar 21, 2018

14 new models in this line

5. jets Mar 21, 2018

Oh wow 42mm!

6. jets Mar 21, 2018

Check them out:

Hands90, Jerseyhammer and KstateSkier like this.
  7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 21, 2018

I agree. I dont like the wave pattern on the older models and I don’t like it here. I love my shiny black dial

watchos likes this.
  8. flw history nerd Mar 21, 2018

Beautiful update. I like the fact that they kept the bracelet design - love it or hate it, it's unique to this watch line. I wonder if they've added the extendable clasp like on the SM300 ... I figured they would on this upgrade. And I'll miss the hippocampus on the case back.

Most surprising thing to me about this is that it looks like the price increase will be minimal. I figured they would probably raise it by about $1K, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

9. jets Mar 21, 2018

Yes it is now 42mm, sapphire case back, 8800 movement, new bracelet and micro adjusting clasp. Some on a new strap. TT rose, TT gold. There will be a titanium limited edition too.

10. R3D9 Mar 21, 2018

Initial reactions for me are that I’m not a fan of the change to the endlinks... it makes the bracelet look a little awkward, IMO. The endlinks and the bracelet no longer feel cohesive to me.

Growing to 42mm seems to be moving in the wrong direction... I think the sizing was fine at 41mm. I’m glad the wave dial is back, though.

It’ll be interesting to see how much Omega looks to ratchet up the price given the use of lasers :rolleyes: and upgraded movement ... I’m sure they’d like to move it upmarket, but part of the appeal of the diver 300 was it’s relatively low pricepoint - especially on the secondary market.

chanbar and KstateSkier like this.
  11. dandyant Mar 21, 2018

Love it. I've been in the Rolex camp for some years now but this has got me hooked again I think.

Ceramic blue wave
    42mm
    open case
    new movement
    date window at 6 o'clock

Very nice

pkulak likes this.
  12. ConElPueblo Mar 21, 2018

Funny how Omega has kept two features that have always divided opinions (skeleton hands and Bond bracelet), whilst changing the two things that most people agreed on where positives - height and diameter have both grown 1mm ::facepalm2::

13. flw history nerd Mar 21, 2018

The US price will be $4,850. Keeping the increase to about 10% is pretty good, given the updates.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. Donn Chambers Mar 21, 2018

I’m surprised no one has commented yet on the bigger and uglier helium escape valve. Ugh! Based on these pictures, I’m still happy with my previous model I purchased at the beginning of the year.

JGroom likes this.
  15. KstateSkier Mar 21, 2018

I've never been on the 300M bandwagon. Mostly because Im not a fan of the skeleton hands but this looks like a nice re-edition. The ceramic makes it pop. Dials are nice as well.

Thegreatroberto likes this.
  16. Speedmasterfan88 Mar 21, 2018

Initial thought, I like it quite a lot. But, I wish I wouldn't be aware/own of the Blake 2254 300 SM. It's a more subtle, sleek watch and more of my liking.
    That said, the new 300 now for me is a strong contender against the Subamriner. Top quality, top movement, ceramics, and at a very competitive price point at 4.500 CHF on the bracelet. (Compared to the Sub).

I don't realy get the move up in size, but at 42mm it's still in the green I think for most people. I appreciate that they ditched the 38mm and smaller versions. The 300sm is an iconic watch for omega and deserves the stand alone spot size wise.

I have to say, the yellow gold blue dial two tone version on the bracelet is a stunning piece. I always love the combination of blue and gold on watches and this one looks damn fine to me.

Ps: Now bring back the sword hands please and you have a new customer ;).
    IMG_4585.PNG

17. Theognosis Mar 21, 2018

What a disappointment. Apart from the movement, I'm not liking it at all. For a diver, the blue 39.5 PO 8800 is a better-looking watch. And for the price, I'll take last year's non-LE RM over this one.

chickenman26, Togri v. 2.0 and DIV like this.
  18. Speedmasterfan88 Mar 21, 2018

On the hel

You mean the Reese's escape valve? ::bleh::

IMG_4586.PNG

19. Riviera Paradise Mar 21, 2018

I think it is a good effort by Omega to update the watch and good value for money at this price point. The watchadvisor video shows that the wave pattern is quite discreet.

The He valve has always been the issue for me...it has always annoyed me when I try the SM300 on my right wrist. Looking forward to seeing them live.

20. jets Mar 21, 2018

Anyone that keeps has seen my posts will know I do not prefer skeleton hands. However this new models with a tweaked hour hand improves the look of the watch a lot to me especially with the date moved to 6 o'clock. I must say that the current flat dial seems like a better fit - I just think they needed something to make the new watch stand out against the 41mm; mostly for non WIS people.

It seems the whole Blake Sword era is really over and this is what they are sticking with. Looking at it now they were offering two flavours of the same watch to expand they're market appeal. I hate to say it, those of us who liked the Blake models will never get it back in the 300 diver line. The Planet Ocean is the current Blake side and it's case is not pleasing to me anyway.

In short I think I may eventually own one as it seems better than a Rolex sub. Even the two tone versions look really good.

Now I'll go back to imagining this new 42 case and bezel with updated 2230 dial with blake hands.

Edited Mar 21, 2018
    DIV likes this.