Forums Latest Members

Barcelona, Madrid, Seville

1. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 12, 2018

I will be under the watchful and frugal eye of Mrs S but just in case ... Does the forum suggest any vintage dealers I might peruse over the next two weeks? Barcelona restaurants are already booked as are the key spots (I’ve been there quite a bit, Mrs S has not.) Any recommendations for Madrid and Seville are most appreciated!

Cheers

Larry

Edited Oct 12, 2018
  2. calalum Oct 12, 2018

Don't know about watches but lots of great restaurants over there and a fantastic shoe store in Madrid if you are into that. Also the Gaudi churches and buildings in Barca, the top notch museums in Madrid, Camp Neu and the Bernabeau if you can catch a game, and lots of other stuff to do.

Larry S likes this.
  3. alam Oct 12, 2018

watches? naaa go for tapas, paella, Rioja, bocadillo de calamares, sangria, café cortado, jamón serrano, brandy de Jerez..

and post pics!

:)

Matty01, Jwit, noelekal and 1 other person like this.
  4. Canuck Oct 12, 2018

Omega Message Board memberTritium lives in Madrid. He is a collector for sure, but a dealer? That I don’t know. I am unable to suggest how you might send him a PM, but I’ll bet he would be a good contact person. I hope he won’t mind my giving you a heads up. (I have sent him a PM.)

Edited Oct 12, 2018
  5. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Oct 12, 2018

Be careful with theft if you're walking down Las Ramblas. If I remember correctly there were several luxury watch retailers on that walk.

frederico likes this.
  6. seekingseaquest Oct 12, 2018

When I was in Barcelona in March there was a small antique shop in the gothic district that had several vintage watches - including a solid gold fat lug Longines Conquest which looked quite nice. Don’t recall the others, nor do I recall where it was in that maze.. but it’s a fun place to walk around anyway.

7. flqt-9000 Oct 13, 2018

For vintage watches in Barcellona there is Ancienne on the Ramblas.
    Enjoy your trip!

8. Slowpoker Oct 13, 2018

I hear a lot of watch thefts take place in Barcelona, the thieves are quite adept too, being able to easily relieve you of your watch.

But I'm sure if you wear a long sleeve shirt you won't be a target.

Barcelona itself has a lot to do, many restaurants and amenities, it's got a rich night life too.

If you were planning to go to a beach while you were there, I would recommend the La Barceloneta beach as well as the Aquarium near there.

Enjoy your trip!

9. Shabbaz Oct 13, 2018

I've lived in Barcelona for a while and it's a great place. My favourite part of town is el born (I had a house there). Enjoy and indeed watch out for theft. This happend a lot with tourists while I was living there.