Baltic Watches and Customer Service.

1000036256.jpgTo celebrate an anniversary my in laws decided to gift one another a watch. As they aren't really watch people they came to me for advice and whilst my mother in law immediately fell in love with a Longines Dolce Vita my father in law took longer to make his decision. Having budgeted for around £500 I showed him various Seiko's and Hamiltons and other evergreens but it was this Baltic that really stood out to him. After some consideration we found this one second hand a hardly worn and so he paid £350. He was delighted with the watch but after a few weeks it stopped. He contacted Baltic who send a return pack within a couple of days and the watch made its way to France. Two week later the watch was back in his possession. No information was given as to what went wrong with the watch but he was very impressed with the prompt service and the way he was kept informed as to transportation updates. I feel slightly apprehensive over his choice now however. Was it a mistake to go for a watch with an untested movement? What will servicing of the movement be like in the future? Would I prefer a Baltic watch with a less intricate or decorated movement in favour of something from Miyota for example?

Like 2
I had a very similar experience with my Baltic when I ordered a BoR bracelet. Good communication and prompt and helpful assistance

Like 1
I'd love to get a Aquascaphe Classic Blue Gilt. Wish they had more of a worldwide presence but I'd be satisfied with the service your father-in-law received. Wouldn't steer me away. Now, to get the BOR or the flat-link?

Like 1
I believe @Larry S owns a number of them and has really good things to say about their customer service.

Like 1
I believe @Larry S owns a number of them and has really good things to say about their customer service.
Indeed.. not only are they very good at shipping, documentation prompt answering queries but they stand behind their products. I’ve had a repair to my Bi Compax, issue with a Aquascaphe strap. In both cases I was very happy. Repair took 3 weeks and a strap arrived via Fed Ex within two days of my note to them. Between my son and I, we own 5 watches. Very reliable. I’m going to add that this is no startup. They are a serious player in the watch business. I’m not even sure they qualify as a micro anymore. Tight ship. Buy with confidence.

Like 7
Indeed.. not only are they very good at shipping, documentation prompt answering queries but they stand behind their products. I’ve had a repair to my Bi Compax, issue with a Aquascaphe strap. In both cases I was very happy. Repair took 3 weeks and a strap arrived via Fed Ex within two days of my note to them. Between my son and I, we own 5 watches. Very reliable. I’m going to add that this is no startup. They are a serious player in the watch business. I’m not even sure they qualify as a micro anymore. Tight ship. Buy with confidence.

Yep. Which is why I went with them in the first place. To add a bit of clarity here too my father in law later admitted slightly sheepishly that the mother in law had "adjusted the time by moving the hands backwards....but only a bit" . Now who knows whether it was this that caused the watch to malfunction but we all know it wouldn't have done it any good.

…. and just for the sake of completeness and to show that I have skin in the game …

IMG_4484.jpeg

Like 7
IMG_7657.jpeg I completed a customer survey and mentioned that the buckle fit better on my own homemade strap.

A week later I received a brand new bronze buckle in a suede travel pouch. I will use that new buckle and tropic style strap in the summer.

Impressive service.

Here is a pic of the pouch and buckle. IMG_0018.jpeg

Like 10
IMG_7657.jpeg I completed a customer survey and mentioned that the buckle fit better on my own homemade strap.

A week later I received a brand new bronze buckle in a suede travel pouch. I will use that new buckle and tropic style strap in the summer.

Impressive service.

Firstly nice cat

Have the same watch as yourself, nice aging on your watch. I am happy Baltic customer.

Had the same issue as you when the watch arrived but never followed it up as I was going to replace the watch strap anyway.

Was eyeing up their latest release the Prismic, but decided not to pull the trigger.

Baltic and Yema are definitely two European watch brands I keep a eye on.

Like 4
My first GMT watch is my Aquascaphe GMT.

I bought it so that I could take it with me on a trip through southern Europe (Greece, Malta, Italy, France) for a month and never changed over to another watch I brought with me, an Enicar Sherpa Graph.

I recently took it down to Curacao and felt that there was no need to take another.

It's nice to wear a watch one does not have to worry about wherever one goes including swimming on the spot.

IMG_7450.jpg

Like 7
Very elegant, beautiful timepiece. Wear it in the best of health.

Like 1
I am currently in process with Baltic customer service, and so far, so good. I was gifted a Bi-Compax in 2019, and the bottom pusher fell off the other day.

I had always wondered how these watches will be serviced when the time comes, and I was informed that for $150, they would replace the Seagull movement, which would include repair of the pusher.

I’m planning to move forward with that and will report back on how it goes.

I had issues with the watch when I first received it that required multiple tips to Grand Central Watch when they had a partnership (maybe still do?). It would just stop running, usually at the same tome of day, and that was resolved.

Actually, if you’ve read this far, my wife bought the watch for me on our honeymoon at the then Baltic show room. I met Etienne and bought the watch directly from him. After a few hours, I noticed the minute hand on the sub dial was not advancing correctly. I was able to go back to their offices during out trip and exchange it for a new watch (which also had issues and was sent to Grand Central Watch multiple times after I was back in the states.)

All that to say, I’m optimistic this customer service experience will also go well and that I’m be able to enjoy my Bi-Compax for another 5 or more years for a very reasonable service fee.

Like 2
I am currently in process with Baltic customer service, and so far, so good. I was gifted a Bi-Compax in 2019, and the bottom pusher fell off the other day.

I had always wondered how these watches will be serviced when the time comes, and I was informed that for $150, they would replace the Seagull movement, which would include repair of the pusher.

I’m planning to move forward with that and will report back on how it goes.

I had issues with the watch when I first received it that required multiple tips to Grand Central Watch when they had a partnership (maybe still do?). It would just stop running, usually at the same tome of day, and that was resolved.

Actually, if you’ve read this far, my wife bought the watch for me on our honeymoon at the then Baltic show room. I met Etienne and bought the watch directly from him. After a few hours, I noticed the minute hand on the sub dial was not advancing correctly. I was able to go back to their offices during out trip and exchange it for a new watch (which also had issues and was sent to Grand Central Watch multiple times after I was back in the states.)

All that to say, I’m optimistic this customer service experience will also go well and that I’m be able to enjoy my Bi-Compax for another 5 or more years for a very reasonable service fee.
Yea, the bi compax is nice looking but honestly not representative of what Baltic is doing quality wise across their line currently. That Venus movement is ok at best. I remember that thread. Every time I mention going back to Paris, my wife grumbles about me “ just wanting to go watch hunting.” I’ve come home with a few.
Edited:

Like 2
So, getting a movement swap performed by Baltic in the US was pretty straightforward. After paying the fee to Baltic, Grand Central Watch in NY emailed me a label to ship my watch, and I had my watch back within 2 weeks of getting it in the mail to them. GCW also repaired the broken pusher. The watch been running well the last 24 hours around +10 sec / day so far.

Like 3