Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegamus Prime Jul 3, 2015

Hey guys I have a 366.0858 Seamaster,
    I've recently replaced the dial, hands, crystal, crown and bracelet. It really freshened up the watch but the wretched Bakelite bezel insert is driving me bananas !!! It's in bad shape and faded. I've searched high and low and cannot find a replacement. Is anyone doing restoration jobs on these bezel inserts? Or does anyone have a bead on a new one ??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Richard

2. Omegamus Prime Jul 3, 2015

[​IMG]
    Here is the watch .

3. Zuke Jul 3, 2015

Hi Richard

Funny how people like different things. Your new hands, dial, crown etc look great, very clean and crisp. I on the other hand like the look of your existing bezel. If your old hands and dial match this patina I would have kept it as is but that's just me.

Sorry i don't know of any one that can help you out with the bezel.

Jay

4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jul 3, 2015

Can't help you on a replacement bezel insert but I'm curious to know if you kept the original dial and hands. Of course it's your watch, so whatever makes you happy should guide you, but I'm sure most on this forum would love to see it with the original dial, hands, bezel insert. I'm genuinely interested to see what condition they were in.

5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jul 3, 2015

Look on Seamaster 300 insert and bezel repair on the forum . Btw i like the bezel so try to match the hands to the insert instead . Maybe use the old hands ?

6. Omegamus Prime Jul 6, 2015

This is so weird . I wanted to freshen up the look and you all are interested in the old parts and bits and like the "aged" look. Different strokes....
    BTW I do have all the original parts .

7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Jul 6, 2015

Aldo in Italy does this service on the 300 bezel, not sure if he can help you with this bezel.

8. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jul 6, 2015

It's all in the matching . The new hands don't match the patina of the insert .

9. Mothra Jul 6, 2015

I do get where you are coming from.... When I first started on this board I wanted my watches to be shiny.... But over time I did come round to the majority opinion where I like my old watches to show their age. One of my favourite watches I think started out with an ivory dial - over the course of nearly sixty years its developed a character of its own.
    14 Constellation Gold Cap Waffle Dial.jpg I think the best advice we can give is to carry on on your path, but try really hard to preserve the original parts in case your taste changes over time - modify this bezel and you may never be able to find another like it if you change your mind. Maybe keep an eye out for a spare, trashed bezel and refurbish that one?

pitpro and Giff2577 like this.
  10. orbistat Jul 6, 2015

Looks similar in size to my Seamaster f300Hz bezel, is it definitely engraved Bakelite? I cant tell from the picture. The f300's bezel is smooth acrylic that's painted from the back. I found this out the hard way when I soaked it in metho to clean it once, the insert came away from the bezel and also delaminated from the paint leaving a transparent ring! From that day on I've left my watches to the professionals. ;)

[​IMG]

rogart likes this.
  11. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jul 6, 2015

Otto Frei shows it discontinued. Maybe eBay?

Tom

12. Omegamus Prime Jul 6, 2015

Thanks Tom .
    I already traveled that path when I was looking for the other bits.

13. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jul 7, 2015

Nice F300

14. VictorAlpha Jul 8, 2015

Ask one of the Omega certified watchmakers. Sometimes the product supply house lists a part as discontinued where it is in fact still in production and available.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 9, 2015

Bezel is discontinued...