Forums Latest Members

Bad seller on Chrono24. Antimo Rodi and Franco Lisi .

1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 19, 2015

I want to alert you all on dealing with this seller on Chrono24 . He adress his name as Antimo Rodi . I bought this watch from him . A Seamaster f300 "cone" .Sorry if the screenshot is faded .It's because the listing is closed . Today i got the so called watch . It's some kind of fakewatch in gold . It doesn't even work . Not even an Omega . Money gone and no watch .

Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.18.png Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.28.png Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.32.png

This is his new listing on Chrono24
    Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.03.18.png
    http://www.chrono24.com.au/philipwa...nometre-philippe-watch-da-tasca-in-oro--12k--
    id3472046.htm
    I want to say this to everybody and put it on google so if somebody search on his name? This comes up.Stay away from him.

Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.22.png Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.36.png Screenshot 2015-08-19 21.02.40.png
  2. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 19, 2015

This is the what i got instead of the "cone"?

DSC04380.JPG DSC04381.JPG

3. Mothra Aug 19, 2015

Jesus, that's horrible. Any credit card protection? Any joy filing a local (both ends) police report?

chronos and rogart like this.
  4. TexOmega Aug 19, 2015

I hope you used PayPal with a credit card. File with both.

(actually, I hope the seller just addressed the wrong pkg and makes amends, pronto. I would hardly think a seller would go to the trouble of mailing anything if he thought a buyer wouldn't notice this kind of difference.

Good luck either way!!

rogart and Geo! like this.
  5. Geo! Aug 20, 2015

I'm thinking like Tex on this one Roger. I could understand if you received a Cone that was fake or had been fitted with some cheap quartz movement. Why send you anything if he was just wanting to steal your money? It's not like it was going to soften the blow. It does seem like he has mistakenly sent you the wrong watch.

rogart likes this.
  6. rollingrevolver Aug 20, 2015

I agree with the guys above...hopefully it gets sorted out properly! All the best.

7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 20, 2015

I did a lot of mistakes this time. I thought i have done so many deals on other forums and stores. I ask him what was the safest way to pay. I do bank transfer he said. I didn't check that up . Turns out i get nothing from the bank. I thought i was safe through Chrono24 .

8. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 20, 2015

Yes it's a little weird with the watch . First i contacted him trough chrono24 and said i vweas interested in the watch . Ask him if he could send to Sweden ? He said okey. How do i pay i asked . I have paypal i said . I don't have paypal only banktransfer but that is safe you have all my number and adress he said . So i did the payment . Waited a few days and contacted him . The money is not in my bank he said? We wait a few days .Okey .
    That went on for three weeks . I asked my bank if i could withdrawn the money but that could be done from my side .He had to contact his bank and do that . Finaly he agreed upon sending me the watch anyway . And this is what i got .
    I have said to him that he can go to Hell . So i don't think he will contact me anymore. I am so fucking angry . I am going to contact my bank today .

9. yinzerniner Aug 20, 2015

Honestly, I think the first warning sign should've been the hesitation of the bank transfer going through. In something like 30 bank transfers, including overseas, the longest wait time encountered was 24 hours max for funds to appear in the recipients account.

Also, Chrono24 is like ebay, craigslist, classifieds, etc. in that ANYONE can list and you have to do your due diligence on vetting the seller.

I really hope you contact police and both banks to have the matter reversed and resolved, however it might take a long time and be filled with obstacles since the f300hz is not a very high value item compared with other watches, jewelry, etc etc. and this fraud of a seller might've been counting on the relative low value to avoid any real repercussions for their theft.

10. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 20, 2015

I haven't contact the police yet but will tomorrow . I don't now how to contact the sellers bank? I have the bic code an the iban number? So i will do my best to track the bank up .And see if i can send some kind of message to them . I reported the new ad on Chrono24 so that is closed down and the seller is banned and marked as a scam .
    I will have my eyes open for new ads by this seller on Chrono24.

11. rogart ray it again, Ram. Aug 22, 2015

Have done a police report . Told the seller that i did and now he says he is going to report me to . I am a scammer he says:whipped:. You do that i said.

12. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 22, 2015

Hi Roger, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope you get somewhere with the police. Though it may end up as an expensive lesson, I guess it is not a mistake you will repeat.
    Best of luck to you,
    Shaun

rogart likes this.
  13. Geo! Aug 22, 2015

I do hope this ends well for you Roger, but one thing is sure, it will take time.

14. Fretworker Aug 23, 2015

Oh bugger, hard ched, an utterly unprincipled bastard, I do so hope it works out for you

15. draftsmann Nov 18, 2015

My first post here. Sorry to read you were scammed by this criminal. Unfortunately for me I didn't read about your experience before I sent him money for the same watch. But I have found his address so on the basis that thieving scum have no right to privacy here it is :
    Antimo Rodi
    Corso Campano 177
    Venafro (15)
    Italia

Best wishes,

Adrian

16. rogart ray it again, Ram. Nov 18, 2015

O my god I am so sorry to hear that. Was that on Chrono 24 or some other place? Franco Lisi? That seller is a real criminal . I too has is address . I don't now if it okay if you post it here though? It's good to alert people about it . And report it to police? And my highest wish would be for him to get his karma . He is on Facebook to . Send me a PM .

17. rogart ray it again, Ram. Sep 7, 2016

A new name to this list of persons is . Be awere if you see anything for sale from this persons .
    Arianna De Rosa

18. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2016

Gutted for you matey..

Good luck and i hope you squeeze the vice on his balls in the end...

tpatta likes this.
  19. Kwijibo Sep 9, 2016

sh.... sorry to hear that Rogart. Hope you'll be paid back.

rogart likes this.
  20. rogart ray it again, Ram. Sep 9, 2016

Not me this time. But an other guy that had the bad luck at picking the wrong seller. He or should said she sold a 18k Omega Genevé.
    Watch out for this Arrianne de Rosa
    If you see a seller with that name. Report it to Chrono24.