Forums Latest Members

Bad markings on inside of case back.

1. oldoaktree Cant distinguish between "fake" and "ugly". Jul 17, 2016

Edited by a mod Jul 18, 2016
  2. ulackfocus Jul 17, 2016

The inside of the caseback looks fine.

The refinished dial is what would stop me from buying it. That, and the over polished lugs.

Syrte likes this.
  3. argonbeam Jul 18, 2016

I might pass unless you really wanted a 23ZS movement. Even then, could get a cheaper one. Kind of bugs me when the folks who put up the ad can't get the movement correct. If you can't get that right, what else are you getting/doing wrong? The movement does have Incabloc but I can tell you from experience that doesn't make it "indistruttibile".

4. Willem023 Jul 18, 2016

What have you found out yourself already on this watch? Googled ‘vintage Longines SS’ and all that yet?
    The amount of high res pics on this Forum is 1:1 correlated with the amount of / quality of the feedback you will get from its members. and a link only will not do, I am afraid.

Next to that: in general, it is nice when asking for advice on a ('this') forum, to do some research yourself too, so in that way to add to the shared knowledge on this forum.
    Otherwise, some people (I do, esp. in your case) feel a bit like the Forum is used as a 'grab and fly' place. Nothing wrong with that as such, but we like to think that everyone has to chip-in to strengthen the knowledge-base of this place.
    So, what can you tell us? We like to learn from you too!!

My2Ksh
    W

plowjockey likes this.
  5. Willem023 Jul 18, 2016

And what to think of the dial?

6. oldoaktree Cant distinguish between "fake" and "ugly". Jul 18, 2016

Well, I can tell you that it's probably a redial. I still don't understand why the engraving on the inside of the case looks so fat. As the punches wear out, wouldn't they become progressively thinner, not fatter? My hobby budget is very limited and I am afraid of buying something that is not original.
    I am sorry if I come across as someone who asks too many questions without giving anything back, but the truth is that I don't know as much about watches as the rest of the folks here. I have been collecting stamps since I was a kid and I have only recently turned to watches. I have been looking after my disabled nephew and we have found that this is a hobby that we can both enjoy.

7. Willem023 Jul 19, 2016

That is OK. We all have started from scratch to begin with. And your stamp-collecting eye for detail will make you into a quick study.

Nonetheless, do some research yourself too and realise that the guys around here do not know all by head neither: they do too have to look into their own research or google (I do). We like it -in general :D - to be proven wrong by a guy that knows better ::book:: based on facts.

Most fun thing to hang around here is absorb knowledge as well as add to the knowledge already gathered by others.
    Like you.

So study and add.

My2Ksh
    W

Edited Jul 19, 2016
  8. marturx Jul 19, 2016

Hijak, RawArcher and Willem023 like this.