Forums Latest Members
  1. hbombkid Jun 22, 2019

so this was the first time I had to have a watch serviced.

I bought this about 6 months ago and knew at some point being 13 years old and unknown service history I would need to service it. Unfortunately the thing was losing about 12-15 seconds a day. I said let’s do the service.

I had it done by a local independent and I just got it back. It is running great now about + 2.5 a day.

As an FYI the watch was in such great physical shape the independent did not even polish the thing.

Well just posting a pic as I have really missed it and glad to put it in the rotation with my sub. I am glad it will be good to go for 5-7 years.

35E3839C-652D-4913-A185-C21DA337E0E8.jpeg

2. dabbispade Jun 22, 2019

Great watch, when having one throwing cash in service is just like investment ;)

jklim likes this.
  3. jklim Jun 22, 2019

Cool. Don't mind me asking, what is the difference in cost between the independent and the Omega service centre for this servicing?

4. hbombkid Jun 23, 2019

Costs were almost the same. I think it was 25 or so less. I actually was surprised with that at first. I met the guy, seemed nice, had the right certifications, parts account etc. I got the quote and was like that is not much cheaper. I actually called Nesbits as they do good work and they were the same price as well and also across the county. It probably does not matter but I think main reason I went this way was the luck of being a 10 min drive. I do get a 2 year warranty as well.

jklim likes this.