Forums Latest Members

Back from the Boutique with my Skywalker X-33...

1. Kizzi Nov 30, 2014

Just picked up my X-33 that was on order from the Omega Boutique at the Trafford Centre.

Skywalker X-33.jpg

Man, am I impressed. It's a lot better than the photos give it credit. I was concerned beforehand that at 45mm wide, it would feel too big. But that is absolutely not the impression it gives. If anything, it feels smaller than my 145.022 Speedmaster. Puzzling why that might be, I measured the crystal at just under 30mm diameter, while the domed hesalite of the 145.022 case is 34 mm and that reduced 5mm gives it a much more compact appearance.

2. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 30, 2014

Nice Pickup with out the LED display it looks completely different.
    Did you turn them off?

3. Kizzi Nov 30, 2014

No, the digits are only clearly readable in daylight when the watch is viewed face on. Probably because the contrast is from reflective light. At an angle, they're quite muted, but still just visible.

4. chunkythebulldog Nov 30, 2014

Nice. I'm heading over to the Trafford Centre next weekend to see if anything takes my fancy. Did you negotiate a discount and if so how much?

5. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Nov 30, 2014

I don't think omega boutiques gives you discount

6. Kizzi Nov 30, 2014

Not a discount with this being so new, but the staff were excellent, letting me know when head office (Beaverbrooks) had them on Friday, and having it expressed for me today because I'm away all next week.

Must be the first worldwide to have the Skywalker X-33 from a retailer? :)

7. Mathlar Nov 30, 2014

The Stratford boutique has one as well, out on display, along with the black steel Seamaster 300 and the blue Ti version.

8. Kizzi Nov 30, 2014

As a piece of trivia, the box it came in weighs over 6 lbs. A thief couldn't run off with many of these new watches.

9. Maximus84 Dec 1, 2014

Much like the box for the new Speedy Pro. The size of a large shoe box and weighing in at a couple of kilos at least!

10. Skywalker Feb 5, 2015

How is the watch for accuracy ?

11. Kizzi Feb 5, 2015

Accurate enough for me. Any level of accuracy you were looking for?

12. Skywalker Feb 5, 2015

Sorry seconds per month + or - as it is thermo compensated would expect it be no more than 10 secs per year + or - ?

13. bacaitlin Feb 5, 2015

The more I see that watch, the more it grows on me. Could be my first HEQ watch.

14. Kizzi Feb 5, 2015

+/- 10 sec a year over the 60 days I've had the watch would be about 1.5 seconds deviation, worst case. Considering it's set manually, I've not noticed anything untoward yet.

To be honest, my expectations don't include any scenario I need to measure over a period where the X-33 accuracy will be an issue. Any variance over the year is going to be inevitable (I'm used to the original Speedmaster with about +4 secs a day).

I'm blown away by phased elapsed time, though. A real neat function but the advantages are poorly explained by Omega.

15. Kizzi Feb 5, 2015

Check out my video of the functions. It took me a while to record over Christmas, but what else was I to do? Best way to learn about the watch.

bacaitlin likes this.
  16. MarcWinkman Feb 5, 2015

Very nice watch...but it appears the OP is driving his Audi from the wrong side of the car.

17. Skywalker Feb 5, 2015

I saw one in the London boutique on Monday very impressive they have two think the credit card could be out next trip to London !!