Forums Latest Members
  1. chfarago Oct 15, 2021

Hello all, I just purchased this Baby Ploprof, Ref. 166.0250 and I just noticed that the hands, which look original, have been modified. The black paint has been stripped off of the center portion of the hour and minute hands and the "arrow" of the hour hand, which should be white, has been painted over in black. This must be a non-factory modification, right? Has anyone seen this before? I don't understand why the hour hand would be painted black, it's almost impossible to see against the dial in suboptimal lighting. I am thinking of returning the watch even though I felt like I got a good deal when I thought it was unoriginal ($2,700, tax and shipping included). Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

IMG_8881.jpeg 9143119b-img_5139.jpg
  2. chfarago Oct 15, 2021

Sorry, I meant to say "when I thought it was original," not "unoriginal"

3. tyrantlizardrex Oct 15, 2021

I think you are correct. Someone has repainted the hands.

4. SkunkPrince Oct 15, 2021

I wonder whether it was for someone who needed to time the minutes but hours were unimportant.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 15, 2021

If what you wanted was a correct and unaltered watch, then it is a fail. The alteration is made worse in this case because it reduces the utility of the watch's main function - telling time. The fact that you are asking the question suggests to me that the issue will continue to eat away at your enjoyment of the watch and therefore a return is in order.

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 15, 2021

Just repaint the hands. No big deal.....

flqt-9000 and Heavytrevy like this.