Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra May 1, 2015

Great shots on this section of the boards. My preferences for subject matter are of the winged-variety. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

olerofe, CTS-V, José9 and 13 others like this.
  2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 15, 2015

Great shots. Back at you........from the roof of our office building .......

IMG_4336.JPG
    CTS-V, watchknut, aesguerra and 6 others like this.
  3. micampe Jun 15, 2015

Does this count? I did use some sort of wing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hendra324, CTS-V, VictorAlpha and 4 others like this.
  4. Hijak Jun 16, 2015

Wow, these are some excellent shots. Thanks for sharing Gents!:thumbsup:

5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 16, 2015

Here's my late brother and his flying machine

untitled-1.jpg untitled-1-10.jpg untitled-1-9.jpg untitled-1-8.jpg untitled-1-7.jpg untitled-1-6.jpg untitled-1-5.jpg untitled-1-3.jpg untitled-1-2.jpg
    olerofe, allwoundup, haqq777 and 21 others like this.
  6. watchcollect Jun 16, 2015

That's, bad ass!

i20rider and Mad Dog like this.
  7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 16, 2015

Three aircraft, an observatory, and a spaceship.
    Endeavour.jpg

Same day, minus one aircraft and one observatory.
    Endeavour2.jpg

Edited Jun 16, 2015
  8. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 16, 2015

Ditto!

I can't even imagine the g's involved...it's gotta be upwards of 10.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 16, 2015

Griffith Observatory. An icon. James Dean scene is a classic.

Jones in LA likes this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 16, 2015

They used to pull up to 14 negative, and not nearly that much positive, although on acrobatic (non racing) they do pull positive G's till they bleed (literally).

The amazing thing is on the first years of the red bull air-race they did not wear any type of G Suit. They limited the "official" g counts but a few of them did touch 14. For years these pilots have fun making military pilots through up 9true story (even though a couple of them themselves are or where military)

For this reason NASA took a few of the pilots, including Alex (my brother) to do G force analysis and training programs. He also tested commercial and non commercial prototypes being licensed to pilot anything from a Helicopter to a 747.

I have seen videos of pilots, including Alex, passing out mid maneuver on acrobatic flight (not on the race as at the low altitude that would be fatal) and recovering on air to continue maneuvers. The reflexes on these guys are astonishing. Imagine waking up from a deep faint and having seconds to correct course at those speeds and mid air. also on the race and at their speeds the distance equivalent between pilons would be equivalent top fitting the aircraft between pilons at inches distance of your wing tips

Some close calls on 2009 and 2010 did end up on changing the course designs to have less angles on the turns, vary slightly the altitude limits and wear G suits. All these changes where starting to take place right when Alex passed on a training accident, he was one of the designated pilots to consult on the new security measures, which is very ironic.

After he passed the race was cancelled (to note he did not have the accident racing nor training for the Air Race but for a different competition/ exhibition) they cancelled the races for a few years to address all issues at once and have recently started racing again on a much toned down but still very challenging format.

I admire these competitors and their family-like camaraderie. they compete hard, but the best of them are also noble friends and humble men.

Alex was amongst the best of them, although he (like me on martial arts and boxing) did not have a good competitive mindset. He actually trained 2 of the pilots that ended up being champions years on end. He simply either over compensated on competition or didn't care enough and had a pragmatic approach that made him too understanding of his defeats...although they still hurt.

If you have one minute tonight tip your glasses to these men...and have a sip at least for Alex whom I miss terribly, although he most likely is enjoying himself tremendously in whatever place he ended at; a little like Jonathan Livingston Seagull. (that is the tattoo he has on his arm, which I gave him for his birthday)

Cheers!!

olerofe, haqq777, José9 and 17 others like this.
  11. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 16, 2015

Those pilots are the best. Sorry for your loss. Tip my glass to him.

12. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jun 16, 2015

Done! I don't drink alcohol (recovering alcoholic) but I can do the DD. I'm truly sorry for your loss, Nobel Prize.

Toast...

image.jpg
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 16, 2015

Thank you all

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 16, 2015

That will do!!

15. Geo! Jun 17, 2015

My glass too has been tipped. Great pictures, moving story, what a guy! :)

Edited Jun 17, 2015
  16. CSZR Oct 9, 2015

Blades.......
    IMG_0084 copy.jpeg IMG_2470 copy.jpeg ....

CTS-V, Mad Dog and Jones in LA like this.
  17. RCAFBuster Oct 13, 2015

Avalon Airshow 2015 ( me in the Sabre, with the F8 Meteor and F/A-18), and the RAAF Sabre across the Temora Aviation Museum, Australia.

Buster
    Buster, Hornet.jpg Sabre Temora.jpg Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 5.46.46 pm.png

haqq777, gdupree, Balthazaar and 18 others like this.
  18. Geo! Oct 14, 2015

Excellent photos Buster! I can only dream about flying the likes of that. :)

HiddeninAihara and i20rider like this.
  19. Audley Yung Oct 14, 2015

great photos of the sabre!

HiddeninAihara likes this.
  20. RCAFBuster Oct 14, 2015

She let's you know that you're alive, and it's a great feeling!! it's even better displaying to an appreciative public and especially the kids.

haqq777, Mad Dog and thevespabandit like this.