Forums Latest Members
  1. lightingall2 Dec 6, 2013

hey gang, i have an invicta watch model 8926. Its an automatic and basically looks like my rolex submariner. I work law enforcement and don't dare ware my rolex or omega's on duty....anyway, i have having a problem with it getting ahead on its time. After about 2 hours, it will be about 10-15 min fast and I have to reset it. I sent it to invicta last year after having a problem with it a month after I purchased it....it came back and I can not wind the watch with the crown and the rotor seems to be tight. anyone know about these watches, what is your over all opinion on invictas....i payed around $150 for it.....like i said, just my rolex look a like i wear on duty.

thanks

Jeff

2. ulackfocus Dec 6, 2013

Hi Jeff.

You should shoot it with your service revolver and put it out of it's misery, then go buy a decent inexpensive watch like a Seiko SKX007, SKX009, Orange or Black Monster, or even an Orient Mako.

Post a video of the mercy killing too!

Daniel B likes this.
  3. lightingall2 Dec 6, 2013

haha...i knew that brand would spark up some controversy........ill look into those models.....but i kinda want to tear it apart and check out that inners of it.....just curious why its doing what its doing.....they really are NOT good watches are they

4. ulackfocus Dec 6, 2013

The only time the words "good" and "Invicta" should be in the same sentence are when they're combined with "target practice" or "paper weight" in some way.

BTW, handsome pooch in your avatar.

5. Littleroger Dec 6, 2013

Or with "riddance!"

Als 27 likes this.
  6. lightingall2 Dec 7, 2013

good to know....a thanks for the comment on my dog....that is my missy.....she is my girl!

Alpha likes this.
  7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 7, 2013

She sure is a beauty :thumbsup: Your avatar alone is worth a "like"

8. jwalther Dec 7, 2013

The 8926 is the one Invicta that actually represents decent value for money. That said, it's not worth repairing, and you're better off replacing it with something from Seiko/Citizen/Orient.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 7, 2013

If you paid $150 for it, you got taken. You can buy new ones on Amazon for a bit over $75 all day long.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Diver...qid=1386446718&sr=8-2&keywords=invicta-8926ob

The movements on these are Japanese made Miyotas which are considered decent. However, any warranty service is going to be done by Invicta, which is not good. Non-warranty service is going to cost more that the watch is worth, so I'd just throw it away. Or maybe shoot it and put it out of its misery, as Dennis suggests.

Here are your choices as I see it:

1. Buy another Invicta for $75, knowing you'll get a few years out of it... if you're lucky.

2. Buy a Seiko 5. These will start at about $60 and work their way up from there.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=i:aps,k:Seiko+5&keywords=Seiko+5&ie=UTF8&qid=1386447011

I would trust Coserv (Seiko Factory Service) in NJ far more than Invicta for warranty service, should it be required.

Good luck,
    gatorcpa

Als 27 likes this.
  10. lightingall2 Dec 8, 2013

seems like a lot of people like the Seiko's .........ive been really happy with my citizens....anyone recommend a good citizen replacement model? or whats your take on bulova's?

11. Littleroger Dec 8, 2013

The citizen promaster diver is a solid watch for the money. But in that range I'd always go for the Seiko SKX 007 or 009. They are cheap, dependable and have a good deal if history behind them as legitimate heirs to the divers of the 60s.

12. ThLam Dec 9, 2013

Seiko is the one you will enjoy for long time. If you like the Rolex look of some Invicta, There are some deal under $100 that you can get instead of fixing your broken one.