Forums Latest Members
  1. JD0302 Apr 1, 2015

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, although I have been admiring Omega watches for a long time. Currently, I am considering buying this watch. The seller has given the following information, and I would like to know more about it, and whether or not it is authentic (as I've never seen one like this before.)

Asking Price: $520
    1960 Omega Seamaster Automatic
    14k Gold Cap over Stainless Steel
    Luminous Dial and Gold Hands
    Plastic Crystal
    Caliber 552
    Serial Number on Movement: 17186687

This is all I know about it, at present. I am not concerned with the band at all, as I will be replacing it immediately. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

James $_58.JPG $_59.JPG $_60.JPG $_60B.JPG $_61.JPG $_62.JPG $_63.JPG

2. ulackfocus Apr 1, 2015

Don't buy that watch. It's over polished, the gold capping is worn through at the tips of the lugs, and it's a badly refinished dial. It has the wrong hands, a worn (and probably wrong) crown...... the list goes on.

Event horizon and VetPsychWars like this.
  3. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 1, 2015

Doesn't look very good.
    Dial is repainted, not original.

4. JD0302 Apr 1, 2015

This is why I asked the experts. Thank you for the insight, I'll steer clear of this one.

5. Hijak Apr 1, 2015

Wow, someone really went to town on that with the polishing wheel!:eek:

6. azroxx Apr 2, 2015

I follow a lot of threads and have made some mistakes and I can tell you...YOU GUYS ROCK telling us new guys the insights. I for one am very grateful for the advice I see.

7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Apr 2, 2015

What was the redialer thinking?! That's a terrible dial! How bad must the original have been for that to be an improvement?