Forums Latest Members
  1. comjak May 30, 2018

2. tyrantlizardrex May 30, 2018

Please post the pictures here, rather than a link...

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 30, 2018

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    gatorcpa

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex May 30, 2018

Case looks to be in pretty rough shape, as do the hands... dial looks surprisingly sharp by comparison which would have me asking questions.

Movement looks like it's seen some rough treatment too, from the scratch across/through the serial number, and the damage to the edge of the plate next to the serial (held in grips?).

A bit of a google found the advert, and there are some clues in there...

2.3 Omega subseconds all steel – PRISTINE WHITE SUNBURST dial - dauphine hands – 1954 - This is a gorgeous stunner in excellent original condition! The original white sunburst dial is absolutely pristine, it looks phenomenal. It has been professionally refinished at some point in the past. The steel case is in excellent condition, some light scuffs and tool marks. The crown is original and Omega signed. It’s worn though. The watch is a ref 2750-4, powered by a manual wind cal 266 from 1954. Service history unknown, but the watch works perfectly and keeps great time. It measures 35,4mm diameter without crown, and 43,6mm from lug to lug. - $500 incl worldwide shipping

Ignoring the sales patter, I'm reading this as the seller saying that it's got a refinished dial.

Personally, this one's not for me, but I'm fairly sure you could do better for the $500 asking price - it might just take some time and patience.

Tacket likes this.
  5. comjak May 30, 2018

That's what it looks like to me. Usually the guy will state "Dial refinished" but it was left a tad ambiguous here.

I think I will continue the search then. Thank you!

tyrantlizardrex likes this.