Forums Latest Members
  1. moonunitSJ Feb 26, 2017

Hi guys,

I've only recently began to get into watches and I think it's time that I bought my first watch. I'm really interested in the Omega Geneve, and have found one on Ebay that I really like the look of. However, I have no idea of knowing whether it's authentic or not. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys were able to help me authenticate this watch. I will take this post down if not allowed, thanks in advance!

omega1.jpg omega2.jpg omega3.jpg omega4.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 26, 2017

Authentic.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. WatchmakerTheory Feb 26, 2017

It's authentic for sure, but might or might not be a good value. Care to post more details on the listing?

4. slique12 Feb 26, 2017

+1 on authentic and on knowing the asking price.

5. moonunitSJ Feb 27, 2017

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the help. It's going for £300 and is listed as a 1972 release. I shall post more details when I get home.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 27, 2017

Odd I would have guessed 80's for that watch but it's a 72.

7. ConElPueblo Feb 27, 2017

At £300 I'm guessing it hasn't been serviced? These Geneves are often found for sale, and can be found at around £180-400. They often fall into either the "immaculate" or the "rubbish" camp, this one is looking decent. Be aware that the gold plating are thinner than on earlier gold-capped Omegas, and especially on the edges of the lugs they are prone to wearing through the plating. The movement will need a service if you intend to use it.

8. dx009 Feb 27, 2017

It's authentic and in good shape overall. I sold one last year for 400$ but it was in a better condition than this one, both on the inside and outside.

I don't think the crown is genuine. It might be pretty worn out or just a replacement. Can't tell whether it's Omega or not.

Price should have been a little lower in my opinion... 1972 production year is correct, according to the serial number on the movement.

Despite many thinking that these are not as "good" as the more expensive Seamasters and so on, they're really high quality time pieces and you'll love it if you decide to go with such a model.