Forums Latest Members

Authentic Rolex or Not? (Day-Date Superlative Chronometer)

1. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG IMG_2396.JPG IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2398.JPG Long story short, my father was given a Rolex by a family friend. We're not very sure about its authenticity. It looks authentic comparing it to other Day-Dates, but we really don't know.

Information:
    It has a clean second hand sweep
    Automatic
    Everything is signed
    Cannot (better yet, will not) open back case to see movement. We will have this done by our local watch shop.

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

Not sure about the authenticity ?!
    How about - Are you sure about the family friend?

3. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 25, 2016

Is your friend the type of person who would gift you a brand new BMW?

(You are aware that DD's only come in precious metals, not steel)?

4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 25, 2016

My family friends, mainly their uncles, gift me BMWs all the time!

ulackfocus, Jwit and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  5. BobXX Dec 25, 2016

On a side note, that bracelet must be super comfortable with all of those sharp edges and kink-prone links...

6. Canuck Dec 25, 2016

Your father needs to choose his friends more carefully! Advise he should give the watch back!

7. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

Don't be afraid to open it..
    It should not hurt your pliers at all..
    f.jpg

Chriso38, ulackfocus, erpin9 and 2 others like this.
  8. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

Well, I guess thanks for all the smart ass replies. Tis the season I suppose? Either way, my mom's aging and retired boss' son passed away. She gave my dad the watch because he really liked my father and thought it was appropriate. We have our reasons as to why we think it's not real.

If anyone wants to be decent and give an actual response, I'd appreciate it. Not everyone is a knowledgeable watch person or enthusiast.

9. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

You make no sense..

Your mom is aging - retired boss's son passed away. She gave your dad (She who?) retired boss?!... because "he" really liked my father (who, the retired boss's son that passed away?)..

You have your reasons why it's fake.. PLEASE share with us other than the obvious that it is a fake!

If anyone wants to be decent and give an actual response... - ( I will try ) Dear Sir, this watch is a counterfeit (fake, kaka, no good)..

10. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

Read more carefully. Maybe study the English language, oh, and comma usage (maybe context, too, but one step at a time).

Yes, my mother's boss and her family are friends with my family. You have a gear missing maybe? Is this so difficult to understand?

I have no obligation to share details as to why we think it's not real. I shared the pictures, that's it. Don't concern yourself with my business.

Just the watch.

FFS.

11. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

Comment retracted. I realized I don't care enough.

12. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

You are correct, English is not first my first language. Appears that yours is and you can not use it properly EITHER, whether you are listening to classic music or not..

The FUCKING watch, the one that you do not want to share information about, is a FAKE!

Noisy Nova likes this.
  13. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

My English is quite correct, thank you. Learn to appreciate all of its variations, subtleties, and nuances.

There, you see, was that so hard?

Answer received. I'm out.

14. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

Not hard at all, Mozart.. Next time, don't retract your comments so others can read your stupid comments..

f.jpg

15. LvB_Opus131 Dec 25, 2016

Oh, how enlightened and witty!

"Stupid comments"! Wow, your command of humor and observation is astounding.

Also, I'm not a Mozart guy. As you can tell from my avatar pic and username (well, maybe you can't, who am I kidding?), I'm more of a Beethoven guy.

Ps. The retracted comment wasn't pertinent to the conversation. I wouldn't expect you to understand the rationale behind my removal of said comment, though, judging from your logic displayed thus far.

16. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Dec 25, 2016

[​IMG]

17. cvera Dec 25, 2016

Merry Christmas,

I come across a good amount of replicas on the local listings and I typically google the serial number if you can read it on the case.

A good amount of the replicas have the same serial number and you can read articles about why or why not they are replicas.

Have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwit and LvB_Opus131 like this.
  18. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

I figured from your user name LvD_Opus131 it stood for some venereal disease issue...

19. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 25, 2016

Hey, Mozart started it..

20. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Dec 25, 2016

[​IMG]