Forums Latest Members
  1. pvaughn Jan 22, 2016

Hi all, I'm terribly inexperienced with this. I've always wanted the "Bond" watch and I'm in love with the blue. I found what looks to be a legitimate one on Ebay but I'm sure anyone on this site has more experience than I do. Would any of you be so kind as to look at the link and give me any feedback you may have on its authenticity, condition, etc.? Lots of thanks in advance!

- " www.ebay.com/itm/181990836608?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network "

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 22, 2016

Authentic, reasonable condition. Seller has good feedback.
    Seller is supporting a charity so don't be surprised if the price creeps up.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

Its real, some small nicks in the bezel and looks like its been polished but thats normal given these watches aren't new, overall decent condition. Do factor in the cost of a service as its almost certainly due or overdue.

Its worth also having a look at the 2254.50 to see if you like those, there's an electric blue in that family as well:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172054886531?rmvSB=true&autorefresh=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

But they're all the same case and movement. Very dependable pieces really.

Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  4. pvaughn Jan 22, 2016

Does the fact that the seller states that the watch was looked at by a watch shop and reconfigured mean that it was serviced or I should not trust that? Does it have to go to an Omega dealer or Omega service to verify? I know that won't be inexpensive. Thanks!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

Which watch does it say that on?

6. pvaughn Jan 22, 2016

If you click on the link in my original post and scroll down it says that the seller had the watch serviced this month at a local shop that apparently does this kind of thing for all of his high end watches. I'm wondering, does that mean it could have been serviced or does it really need to be sent to Omega?

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

The
    The watch you listed looks like the best deal. The watch does not have to be serviced by Omega to receive proper service.