Forums Latest Members

Autavia Cup or 85th Anniversary edition?

1. Watchmutt Nov 11, 2017

Bi2kz5j.jpg 4ouBJZJ.jpg
    sohail likes this.
  2. imagwai Nov 11, 2017

Can't fault it on quality, and the movement is fantastic. Only downside with the JH edition is that you can't see it through the solid case back. But out of the two, I think this is the one to go for if you can get one. The larger numbers on the Bezel of the "Rhindt" version make the bezel look a bit fat. This one looks far better.

3. jfmiii Nov 11, 2017

i wish they had some more wrist shots but from the ones they do have, it appears light years ahead of the Rindt re-issue due to the bezel on this one appearing smaller. im still holding out hope that they will release a 1:1 Rindt a la Omega 60th Trilogy. doubtful, but i have no interest in that watch unless it is a much more true-to-the-original watch in terms of its proportions.

pitpro likes this.
  4. Watchmutt Nov 11, 2017

I agree about the Rhindt edition bezel looking a little too big. This one is better.

5. boltman Nov 11, 2017

Temped by this

6. abrod520 Nov 11, 2017

Don't hold your breath... any watch TAG makes must first appeal to the Art Basel crowd, who they have decided is their target market. Vintage enthusiasts come a distant second

jaspert and Foo2rama like this.
  7. jaspert Nov 12, 2017

Agree with this.

If i were to get the new release, it would be JH Edition as i loath the bloated bezel on the Rindt edition and i don't mind the solid case back of JH Ed.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Watchmutt Nov 12, 2017

I just tried on the Autavia Cup at an AD, and while I like the proportions and design, I was not too thrilled with the high polish on every surface of the case and bracelet. It looks much shinier in person than in pictures. The store spot lights gave it even more bling, so I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order for the JH edition. Sigh.

9. Ninja2789 Nov 12, 2017

It's weird, I remember seeing one of these hit Chrono24 more than a month ago. I recall there was talk on the OntheDash forums about this being a LE release, but I wonder how it got onto the secondary market before the official announcement.

And for the recod, I personally prefer solid case-backs on most watches. Was glad to see the JH edition keeping true to form.

10. Watchmutt Nov 12, 2017

Did you see the LE JH Edition on Chrono 24? That would be odd.

I tried on the Autavia Cup (black dial with silver subdials) which is not a limited edition release. The Jack Heuer Birthday Edition (silver dial, black subdials) is the LE and is supposed to ship in December. But the case size and finish is identical between the two so I wanted to try it out at the AD to make sure I really wanted the JH Edition.

One thing I noticed on the one I tried is that there were no minute marks on the right subdial. The marks were at 5 minutes only. This is something the JH Edition corrected.

11. Ninja2789 Nov 12, 2017

It really was an odd experience. Just going through my usual feed and then this silver panda dial autavia pops up. I thought it was a vintage variant before I saw the caseback with the JH signature.

I wish I would've saved a screenshot, but alas. I wasn't a big fan of the Autavia reissue case size and just let the listing go quietly into that good night.

12. kippyk Nov 13, 2017