Forums Latest Members
  1. calalum Sep 30, 2015

Not sure if anyone here was involved, but I had my eye on a few pieces that were in today's Antiquorum auction (I have picked up some watches there in the past). I bid on four, and was outbid on all of them. Two of them went for far more than my self-imposed limit, one of them exceeded what I was willing to pay but probably was a fair deal, and the one I really wanted went a bit above my limit but if the piece is in good condition the buyer got a good buy. Hard to bid aggressively without having physically seen the watches and knowing that there are sometimes issues in that house, but the New Yorkers have that advantage. Any of the successful bidders OF members?

2. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 1, 2015

I picked up a Heuer...a bit overpriced, but really nice Mk4 example GMT. The others I bid on went too high, especially considering the 25% fees. I did pick up a sweet camera during a simultaneous auction on the west coast and watched one that is already in my collection soar to a record price. I guess I better cherish mine a bit more :)

2446C GMT mk4.jpg $_57a.jpg
    Edited Oct 2, 2015
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 1, 2015

I had my eye on this, but the fees pushed it over the top

seafarer.jpg
    gophishin likes this.
  4. Delbok Oct 1, 2015

Did not get a chance to win one of the 14 watches we were looking after with a friend of mine... I only saw one good reasonable price .. but as you said with 25% fees and of course betting on the invisible is really difficult to create opportunities...

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 1, 2015

NYAQ is always dodgy in my opinion. Dogier should I say.
    However it was one of the cheapest ways of getting an 18kt Speedmaster:
    gold speed in aQ NY2015.jpg

For the same money you could have had this:
    AQ flower.jpg

6. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Oct 1, 2015

Nick-
    NY ers have advantage of proximity, but there's a cost-additional sales tax- to be borne!

And agree, AQ often have a fair share of some very questionable items...

Edited Oct 1, 2015
  7. gophishin Oct 1, 2015

Congrats on the GMT!

The photo looks like it might have been doctored up a bit, but if the dial truly does look like that, the subdials look to have been touched up maybe? The numerals look quite 'heavy' on the ink.