Forums Latest Members
  1. travisrock Apr 3, 2015

Talk to me about them.

I've discovered this perusing through the internet late at night, and can't seem to shake this thing off my mind. It looks big...but how big is it compared to a speedy? (Comparison shots, if you could) If you've come from small watches such as myself- how do you find yourself growing into it? I have particularly small wrists at 6 3/4", so my reservations lie only with my significant other beating me to death in my sleep if I find one for a reasonable price, and the size of it (diameter and depth wise). What do you wear it on (strap wise)? Do you like the OE Heuer bracelet they come with?

Bombarding you with questions...I know. If it feels more natural- feel free to rant about it.

For those who don't own and are here just to see what this is all about, here's a photo about the aforementioned watch if you're unfamiliar with it as I was until a short while ago (ref. 110.633):

[​IMG]

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2015

travisrock and Emeister like this.
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 3, 2015

here is a video:

4. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 3, 2015

Oooohhhh. That's handy. :)
    Thanks Standy :thumbsup:
    Never could quite get to grips with Chronocentric.com/(On The Dash) though did go there a fair bit and at least attempt research.

To the OP.
    I've never actually seen a Calculator in person but have long admired pictures on the net. I don't think I've seen many on a bracelet, usually on leather.
    I'm still hoping for a 2012 priced Autavia :rolleyes: but would definitely give one of these a shot at the right (for me :whistling:) price.

travisrock likes this.
  5. travisrock Apr 4, 2015

Exactly how I feel- regarding "right price". In terms of vintage heuers, these can be had relatively affordably. The heuer rally with tang buckle seems to be the most common- but it looks wonderful on the bracelet.

That's wonderful to know! Thank you! :D
    I did check out that video, gives me some what of an idea of the size, but I'd like to see comparison photos just to be sure. And it's nice to see photos of everyones individual pieces of course- as with cars, owners know the beauty angles of each of their pieces :)

6. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 4, 2015

7. ulackfocus Apr 4, 2015

How big is it? It's friction' HUGE. I remember somebody measuring it at either 46 or 48 mm at least.

Think about it - that's a standard Heuer dial from their watches which are approximately 42-ish mm. Now add all that extra bezel area.

travisrock likes this.
  8. travisrock Apr 4, 2015

haha it's 46mm including crown i believe. I just want to know how it wears though- the speedy wears a bit smaller because of the dial size, im wondering if this wears bigger because of the bezel....hmm. Hoping a calc owner chimes in :D

9. michaelmc Apr 16, 2015

I had one on a strap, and it is huge as said. It wears like my Flightmaster when the bracelet was loose, LOL, It is in the hands of a good friend
    and I want it back as it was so cool,, :)

travisrock likes this.
  10. redpcar Apr 16, 2015

Right up my alley. 2 project watches/daily wearers (so please don't cut them down). Calculator is big and wears big. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and is perfect for me. The early SM300 wears a little small for my taste but love it more. CalculatorSM300.jpg Calculatorcaliper.jpg

travisrock likes this.
  11. michaelmc Apr 16, 2015

I like them both :) Here is the calculator I wish I still had. M Heuer Calculator.jpg

travisrock likes this.
  12. travisrock Apr 16, 2015

Hell yeah! That's an awesome line up of projects/daily wearers you have there! That SM300 is some kind of beautiful. ::love::

How's the thickness on the calc? I think i can get away with the ~45.5mm size, but the depth/thickness is what worries me- looks girthy, if you will.

13. redpcar Apr 17, 2015

Thickness is 15.6mm. Compare it to the Viceroy, it is about 1mm thinner but that appears to be all crystal in the difference. Calculator is flat and Viceroy is domed. I think you will find that all the Cal 11 Heuers will wear about the same thickness.
    Autavia (2).jpg

travisrock likes this.
  14. travisrock Apr 17, 2015

hmmmm this seems very...do able. I think an autavia / calc would be a nice trade up from a 16610. Anyone willing to donate :D

if thats your viceroy- brilliant example. looks fantastic. I'd prefer an orange boy, but the viceroys also look amazing. Dare I say I prefer them to the siffert's too.