Forums Latest Members

ATLANTIC, ADRIALICA, BISETTE, DOXA

1. novina Sep 21, 2017

So I am in Poland and a very fast search of local shops, I have found these brands. All, except for DOXA, I have never heard of. I assume they are mostly for the European market, But do any of you have actual experience with these brands? Let me know the good or bad of theses brands.

Thanks,

Rob

2. kreyke Sep 21, 2017

Vintage valjoux DOXA chronograph is quite valuable, especially if it is in a clamshell.

3. novina Sep 21, 2017

i should have stated, these are all new.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 21, 2017

Are the Doxa models the dive watches, or their other line of dressier watches?

5. novina Sep 21, 2017

They are the dress models. I saw a nice relatively plain model. White face, gold hands, stainless case and with an automatic movement. Price would come out $580US. Looked into it on line, forgot the model name but believe it was an ETA movement. Not sure if that is cheaper here than what I would but it for at home.

D-Light
    Ref 171.10.021R.02

6. argonbeam Sep 27, 2017

Older Atlantic models very well made, popular in Eastern Europe (per my watchmaker who immigrated from Hungary). Newer models nothing special but some look nice. Some of the 50's models have beautifully detailed dials.

7. novina Sep 28, 2017

Thanks,
    Hard to find older models where I am right now. All of these brands were new. But that's what I figured. Have to plan this better the next time I came me out here. Must make it to some bigger cities just to find a good selection of new, never mind finding someone who has vintage models.