Forums Latest Members

at what point do you take a link out of a bracelet?

1. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 19, 2015

Hey guys,

I've got an Omega bracelet or two and I'm jigging with them to get the fit just right. I was wondering, when it comes to micro adjustable bracelets, when do you remove a link instead of adjusting the clasp?

IMG_20150119_134817.jpg

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 19, 2015

I don't think there's a rule but this is what I do. Our wrist changes size slightly throughout the day and season to season, I tend to like my watches a little loose, not tight so it's an easy one for me. I set the adjustable on the second or third point first, then I take links until it is exactly how I like it whatever that may be. This way I always have a smaller adjustment in each direction, rather than only being able to go on one direction. Easy then to find myself on a trip to a hot humid place and just adjust up...or down.

oddboy and Tritium like this.
  3. Ryan Clark Jan 20, 2015

Everyone has their own standards for this sort of thing, but personally it's a matter of "slippage" - if the wrist has too much movement up and down the wrist throughout the day, I'll remove a link to anchor it a bit more. Some slippage is normal, of course, but it has to remain within reason.