Forums Latest Members

AT Golf, Black Black & Vintage Black

1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Aug 29, 2015

You may have seen a previous post of mine about the Aqua Terra Golf. I really like it and think it'll be my next modern Omega. I was out and about in town today so decided to pop into the Boutique to try it again to see if I still like it (yep) and thought I'd see if they had any new Basel World stuff in yet, so while I was at it I tried the Black Black (really badass, to be frank. I like it a lot and it's a lot more legible than you'd think) and the Vintage Black (very nice too, especially on the distressed strap).
    So if you're interested, here they are...
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jones in LA, brazenc5 and Andy K like this.
  2. brazenc5 Aug 29, 2015

I really dig the vintage...if it had a brushed bezel. IMO the tachy colored the same as the markers make it a bit busy for me.

3. wsfarrell Aug 29, 2015

Vintage Black is attractive, but it kind of bothers me that Omega like so many others has decided to try and imitate the effects of age, heat and sunlight in a new watch. That patina was not earned.

watchme likes this.
  4. jcmartinez98 Aug 30, 2015

Great pics. Especially the one of the black black

For me this image really demonstrates how useless that watch is. striking but useless. In my opinion, Omega "candy coats" it on the website by showing images where it looks almost light gray, so that the dial is a legible as possible.

No?

5. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Aug 31, 2015

It really isn't easy to photograph (at least using an iPhone under harsh boutique lighting). This was one other effort...
    image.jpg

6. friendharry Sep 1, 2015

DSOM, GSOM are still the best. And in the new 2015 collection, my prefered is by far the .... White

7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 1, 2015

There really aught to be a "Not Like" button. Sorry :p

Earl and watchme like this.
  8. friendharry Sep 1, 2015

Give it a try, reslly. I've been surprised by how nice it is.
    But it's a matter of style and taste. White shirt, white Speed, cool italian / european style ;)

9. guelerct Sep 1, 2015

All of the ceramic dialed watches need to be seen in person and in natural light
    The shimmer is what it's all about

Gderrico likes this.