Forums Latest Members
  1. Rangerchrono Jul 12, 2014

after spending like half a year on watchuseek.com i chose to buy an at 15000 from ad. im a jeweler not a watchmaker, although i do service etas. as a jeweler after purchasing this aquaterra i noticed something on the face of the watch, which looks like a scratch, a chip and its not from the crystal. however its very small and can only be seen from a certain angle. i placed a yellow circle around the scratch. my question is, what would you do if you just spend this amount of money(which is a large sum)? would omega fix it if you would send it in? is that a common thing? omgdef2.jpg Omgdef.jpg IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0872.JPG IMG_0874.JPG

2. ctime3 Jul 13, 2014

If I received it that way I would take it back personally.

3. nima0071 Jul 13, 2014

that is normal it happens sometimes even to rolex. its a dust spec in the dial. leave it alone but if it bothers you send it to omega and they take it out for you.

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 13, 2014

If it were me I'd wear the watch and not worry about it.

5. Rangerchrono Jul 13, 2014

but it is definitely a real omega?

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 13, 2014

Looks fine to me, the Calibre 8508 is quite distinctive with its two barrel configuration, black silicon balance wheel and overall layout, you can't tart up any ETA movement to make it look like an 8500 series accurately.

7. Watcho Jul 13, 2014

omega gives a 4 year warranty that will take care of anything under the crystal, send it it and take care of it so it dont bother you, although youd probably have to really show them where it is, cause that's kinda not visible. beautiful watch got one myself. good luck

Rangerchrono likes this.