Assistance with strap options for ‘52 Seamaster

I’m looking for another strap to add to the wearing rotation for my 1952 Seamaster. The pics show the cream colored dial and the strap it’s currently on, but I’d like to broaden my choices to a darker, and a bit thicker leather as an option to change up the look from time to time. Here are three options from the Veblenist site. Input welcomed and requested. Thanks!

I think that any of those colors would look great, as would a colorful strap like green. You could also try an exotic skin like croc or ostrich leg.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Veblenist straps at that price point, and I would definitely avoid two-stitch straps. The latter were inexplicably trendy a few years ago, but now they just look cheap.
Edited:

Like 7
I think that any of those colors would look great, as would a colorful strap like green. You could also try an exotic skin like croc or ostrich leg.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Veblenist straps at that price point, and I would definitely avoid two-stitch straps. The latter were inexplicably trendy a few years ago, but now they just look cheap.
Appreciated reply, Dan. Quality strap makers are new ground for me to plow. There is Bulang and Son but beyond that, I’m going to have to do some digging.

Classic is Classic through the ups and down of fashion trends.

Have you tried StingRay? With or without the two stitches

Like 4
IMO strap you have on it is much more attractive than the other 3 options. Agree w @Dan S ditch the two stitch. The box stitch on your strap is more period correct.
I’m a big fan of Torre and there are many other options on these threads.

Like 4
IMO strap you have on it is much more attractive than the other 3 options. Agree w @Dan S ditch the two stitch. The box stitch on your strap is more period correct.
I’m a big fan of Torre and there are many other options on these threads.
Love the strap as well. Jan @jankoxxx did a lovely job on it!

Like 1
Classic is Classic through the ups and down of fashion trends.

Have you tried StingRay? With or without the two stitches

That looks amazing, great combination

EVERYTHING that Dan said.

Like 1
£7.99 - £13.99 calfskin on eBay and extremely comfortable - go on, push the boat out ;)

IMG_2893.jpeg IMG_5969.jpeg

Like 1
@CBM1590 I have bought some used original Ω straps at auctions - some of them turned out to be unused, other merely in good condition, but perfectly wearable.
Were I to buy new straps today, there would be no doubt: Torre Straps. You can get any strap custom made - I especially urge you to order the truncated tip, typical for early Ω straps.

Like 1
@CBM1590 I have bought some used original Ω straps at auctions - some of them turned out to be unused, other merely in good condition, but perfectly wearable.
Were I to buy new straps today, there would be no doubt: Torre Straps. You can get any strap custom made - I especially urge you to order the truncated tip, typical for early Ω straps.
I spoke with Matteo from Torre Straps at length today on Instagram. We choose two strap. The chocolate brown pigskin for the vintage Omega and this leather for a much more substantial strap for my Speedy. Thanks all for the suggestions and @Dan S will be pleased that there will be no two stitch straps involved :thumbsup:

Like 4
I prefer black straps on watches with white metal cases. And brown or tan on yellow metal cases, personally.

I prefer black straps on watches with white metal cases. And brown or tan on yellow metal cases, personally.
To me, that would narrow my choice too much.
upload_2024-5-7_6-10-42.png

Like 1