Forums Latest Members
  1. Michael Birk Oct 15, 2017

Hi All,

I do hope to get some advice. I'm thinking about buying this speedy
    https://www.chrono24.dk/omega/speedmaster-moonwatch-ref-3570-von-1985--id6889355.htm

Can any of you tell me if that is a good idea or not? Are the link a 1039?

I have read the guides awailable on the internet etc. But are still afraid of buying - there are soo many pitfalls.

From the questions to the seller I've got thefollowing answers:
    1. certificate of authenticity as shown in the pictures will follow
    2. All parts are 100% original, but the glass have probably been replaced over the years
    3. The watch is in safety box, so they cannot say if the cal. is 1861 or 861 but what fits the production year

I've also looked on another one, but that has a replased case - and I would like to have it as original as possible.

Thank you in advance.
    Michael

Nathan1967 likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Oct 15, 2017

Hi Michael,

If it's from 1985, then the dial and hands have been replaced with service items - it would have originally had tritium lume on the hour markers and the hands and been marked as such... these are modern superluminova parts.

The guarantee of authenticity doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion... it's from the seller... nothing more official than that... heck, I coudl write you one of those. ;)

Go slow, look at as many as you can, there's always another watch :)

Best

Chris

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 15, 2017

Bracelet model and serial number on the lug put production right around the year 2000 or so, so watch should not have tritium.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 15, 2017

Also looks like it suffers from hour creep. At that point I’d give him 2000€ for it, and that is generous.

5. Nathan1967 Oct 15, 2017

Hi Michael

Welcome to OF

Stick around, get yourself an Avatar and if I were you, I would look to buy a Speedmaster here on the OF sales forum. One to suit you and your budget will no doubt come along shortly.

All the best

Nathan

6. Michael Birk Oct 16, 2017

Thank you all for your kind reply. Is highly appreciated.