Forums Latest Members

Assistance and advice for a friend

1. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 31, 2017

A friend of mine's father passed away 2 months ago. Last week, he visited his mother and she gave him 2 watches. He is not familiar with watches and said that all he knew was that one was an Omega and the other a Rolex. He brought them over to show me. He has a Speedmaster, which I think is a 145.022 and the Rolex is a 5513 with a 2, 614,xxx serial number. I believe that the Sub dates to 1969-70. The Speedmaster probably mid-70s?

The Speedmaster runs, but the chrono does not. The Rolex winds and runs well, but the bezel does not rotate.

What he's looking for is advice on the best place to have them serviced. I told him he needs to keep them as in original condition as possible. He has no plans to sell them and said that he won't wear them. He wants to keep them to pass them along to his two sons someday.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially if I can give him sound advice on who to contact to get them serviced.

Thank you. Mike IMG_E2201.JPG IMG_2202.JPG IMG_2203.JPG

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 31, 2017

Speedy is 69-74 exceptional example to boot. Clean up or replace that crystal and I’d bet it’s near the top of the market, before you add in the bracelet.

Where are you located?

Edited Oct 31, 2017
    blufinz52 likes this.
  3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 31, 2017

New Hampshire