Forums Latest Members
  1. Lulu Bear May 4, 2015

Hi folks

Just came upon this listing on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-DE-...19?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item567288cda3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

My untrained eyes tell me that it looks good. My only concern is the hands have some black specs to them. Can this be cleaned or is it just from the age?

I've also not been able to tell whether any of the watch is refurbished. I used Google Translate but it doesn't seem to mention anything on this.

Please can you let me have your assessment on the watch and asking price.

Thanks for the help!

2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 4, 2015

Looks a genuine piece. Cal 565 is a nice movement.

Case has been polished, and I feel the lugs are over-polished. Bracelet doesn't 'belong' to the watch. Price, even considering the steep VAT in the Eurozone, seems a bit steep. Serviced, it's a 6 - 700 USD max watch in my opinion

3. threeputtbogey May 4, 2015

Looks good to me.

4. Lulu Bear May 5, 2015

Thanks Mondodec. That's very helpful.

Is the dirt on the hands something that's just accepted on vintage watches?

How much would a service cost if that's not been included in the price?

Many thanks for your time and response gents.

5. minutenrohr May 5, 2015

The "dirt" tell us, that the hands are not relumed. The price is much too high. I think the seller has read somewhere, that more ebay-words are bringing more money - or are you interested in the very important info that omega has built the cal. "Labrador" in 1885?

6. philo May 5, 2015

They guarantee that there are nothing but genuine Omegas parts included in the offer, besides that no-name box and their own certificate of authenticity.

They also describe the genuine Omega bracelet and clasp but that regards to "made by Omega" only, there is no "factory original to this particular watch" statement.

The bracelet is much newer than the watch itself. (my opinion)

Furthermore, they state the clockwork to be tested on function, checked for genuine parts only and time scaled. They don't mention any service/lubrication.

Edited May 5, 2015
  7. Lulu Bear May 5, 2015

Thank you gents.