Forums Latest Members

Asking Rolex AD for price lower than MSRP on ladies Datejust?

1. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 11, 2021

Also if she wants a watch, she may prefer a Cartier which IMHO has been a steady favorite for women over the years, long before it became overnight the rage on Instagram or before Kate Middleton settled on the beautiful “ballon bleu” model.
    Also the Boucheron reflet, which is haute joaillerie yet supremely classy and understated, and whimsical because it offers endless strap swaps.
    See discussions below about watches non WIS women might like
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ladys-quartz-vs-mechanical.117946/

1C886C0F-5134-4696-9A4D-AF22FEC004DA.png BFCEAD54-B802-4CCD-B9D4-EA5291911290.jpeg
    Edited Feb 11, 2021
    JwRosenthal, lindo and wristpirate like this.
  2. blueteg Feb 12, 2021

Thanks for all the input folks. We actually had our company event this evening and just surfing the forums for a bit before bed and thought I would close the loop on this thread.
    After one of our board members reached out to her husband (on the sly) to see what she might like, it's apparent that she is very happy with her new Apple watch (I'll keep my thoughts on that to myself :p ), and he thought while she would be very grateful for the gift it just wasn't her style. So we went in a different direction altogether.

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 12, 2021

Haha, thanks for the update.
    But after all of that we now would like to know, what present is she getting?

4. blueteg Feb 12, 2021

A plaque and a weekend stay at the nicest resort in town + dinner for 2 at the resor & 2 hour spa service.

::yawn::

I guess not everyone's a watch guy/gal. haha

MTROIS, YY77 and Syrte like this.
  5. Evitzee Feb 12, 2021

Better to find out now rather than getting her something she really didn't want.

blueteg and Syrte like this.
  6. guppydriver Feb 16, 2021

Should have gifted her termination papers after the Apple Watch debacle

7. JwRosenthal Feb 17, 2021

But this is the type of unwanted corporate gift that the crazy collectors love- gets 36DJ, smiles at board meeting, closes box and shoves it in a closet for 25 years. Then it surfaces as LNIB with papers.

8. blueteg Feb 17, 2021

LOL, I'd sooner gift some of my fellow board members with termination papers, before her. ::bleh::
    She's been the voice of reason when some of the others are screaming that sky is falling.

All good. It's hard to argue with the utility of an Apple watch. Just not my cup of tea. ;)