Forums Latest Members

Ask questions in dealing with AdamVintage

1. t268 Jul 23, 2019

Hi all,

I recently bought a vintage Deville here on OF. It was purchased by an established member through AdamVintage one year prior. Upon receiving it, the seller held up his end of bargain. It was exactly the item in exactly the condition he stated. Great. I went to wind it. Super tight and gritty. This was a surprise given that AV had reported serviced it one year prior and gave a one year warranty of sorts. I asked the seller, and he said he never wound it. Just shook it to get it started. As his track record on OF seems to have nothing amiss, I don't doubt him. I sent it to Chandler Lindemann at CL Timeworks to eval. Nothing thankfully is broken. It's apparently quite dirty on the inside but it isn't lacking for oil. I touched base with AV and, to his credit, he wrote me back quickly. I forwarded CL's findings, and he was puzzled given that he's used the same people to services for years. Since I didn't directly purchase it from him, I can't say for sure who's at fault. So, I can only encourage anyone considering buying from AdamVintage to ask questions about who serviced it and ask for pictures of the movement.

2. Dan S Jul 23, 2019

FIFY. BTW, according to his website, he has a 3-day no-questions-asked return policy.

3. t268 Jul 23, 2019

Indeed. Hi Dan!

Dan S likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 23, 2019

If only there was a seller review section to post this...

5. t268 Jul 23, 2019

No need for snarkiness. I would have put it there if my concerns were with the guy who sold it to me.

ac106 and Observer like this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 23, 2019

I apparently misread, as I read it as a forum seller.