Forums Latest Members
  1. CarloUK Mar 28, 2022

Hi,
    Has anyone tried an Artem deployment clasp on the official omega rubber strap for the SMP. The rubber strap being the deployment design.
    Ta

2. Donn Chambers Mar 28, 2022

I have not tried it on the rubber, but I have tried it on an Omega leather strap. It works, but is not as comfortable because the clasp is shorter than the Omega AND it has a different curve. The Artem clasp was designed to fit a standard strap (with a short 12 o'clock side) and so does not have the same curvature for the wrist as the Omega clasp/straps, which are longer.

3. bmpennington Mar 28, 2022

I never realized that but I never bought one either, good to know!

4. Scooterino36 Mar 28, 2022

I just recently picked up an official SMP rubber strap and clasp ( plan on using it for my Peter Blake).

I also have the Artem deployant. Happy to test this out for you when I get the chance later in the week.

Edit: sorry, getting my OEM straps mixed up. I have the deployant strap for the planet ocean, my SMP strap is the standard buckle.

5. scapa Mar 28, 2022

I have one coming, along with one of the RM leaf-style deployants. Annoyingly, I have straps to use them with while I wait on a sailcloth. But I have heard that the RM nay be the better bet for some Omegas, like my AT.

6. keisuke_z May 31, 2022

I’m curious what your experience with the RM style Artem clasp will be. I have a flat-ish 6.75” wrist, and I could not find a comfortable fit with the Artem RM clasp.

I also found that I had to be really careful closing the clasp while on my wrist, otherwise it would result in a pretty nasty pinch due to the way the leaf spring works.

Because I wear it on the second smallest hole, the untethered keeper has to sit between the clasp and the strap to grip the excess strap, which requires a fair bit of finagling, otherwise it’ll just be loose.

Tried both 12/6 and 6/12 orientations for the strap but neither worked for me, so I went back to the regular buckle.

7. Evitzee Jun 5, 2022

I've had past experience with the leaf type deployant clasps on both Richard Mille and Harry Winston watches, they are also used on Blancpain watches. I've always had good success with them, they work well, are secure and are comfortable on the wrist. About a month ago I bought one from Artem to try on one of my Speedmasters. Was impressed with the quality for the price, $73 + shipping from Australia. I'm very happy with the buckle, it works great and is very comfortable on my 7 1/2" wrist. Have never had any pinching with any of these types of buckles. I've actually got another two in transit for another couple of watches.

IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0995.JPG
    scapa likes this.
  8. scapa Jun 6, 2022

Thanks for this -- I really like my Artem straps and was waiting on the RM to come back into stock and was dithering between their Omega and RM clasps. I hated the Tudor clasp on my 7" wrist, but will give the RM a go.