Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 19, 2015

The sorry fact happened today:mad: . Dropped the top pusher from the case . Why ? Becuse someone had glued it in place . The thread is broken and almost gone . What to do . Can i save the case in some way ? . Do a sleeve with the right thread inside and glue or laserweld into place ?Or just fill up with laserweld and rethread the case ? Lefthand threads also :(. Where to find someone that can save it ? . The case is a 145.014 DSC02896.JPG

2. pascs Feb 19, 2015

Do you have the pusher that came out or is it lost? Is there any thread inside the hole or has it been completely stripped? Maybe it was cross threaded when someone badly installed a previous one.

The thread in the case is a normal right hand thread, there is also a recessed surface where a metal gasket for the pusher goes. When you screw in the pusher it compresses the metal gasket and creates a seal.

I would imagine the case is salvageable and might as well go for a complete refinish while its being repaired ;)

rogart likes this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 19, 2015

Ya you are right . It is right hand . The pusher i have but it has no o-rings and the thread on that is caput . Have a few others pushers at home. The lower parts that thread in the case .Both new and used . Anyone now what thread it is in the case . Maybe i can do a little sleeve with right inside dia and a bigger outside . Could have that laserweld in place . I wasn't thinking of having it refurbished and renovated just now . Have an other project that i am working on . Just using this as a sort of beater .

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 19, 2015

I can't tell you the thread off hand, but since you have a new pusher body it's simple enough to measure that to get the information required. This won't be a simple repair unless you have some decent machinery, as the case needs to be set up at all the right angles when you drill the hole larger for the sleeve you are contemplating. I think you are somewhat lucky this is a Mk. II case, because you probably have enough material to get a sleeve installed that will give enough wall thickness to cut new threads.

If you have a new pusher in the package, there will be the Titanium washer in the package for when the new pusher body is screwed into the case. I use red Loctite on the threads also, as per Omega procedures.

Good luck with the repair - hopefully you can find a machine shop that will take the time to do it right, and not charge you more than the case is worth.

Cheers, Al

rogart likes this.
  5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 19, 2015

This must be the Thread tool for the pushers ? Omega M2.5 x 0.25 . Found on Cousinsuk . Match up the diameter of the pushers . More job than i though before :mad: See if i could find some one the threadtools at Ebay . Sure i can do some sort of holder to hold the sleeve in exact place while it being welded . Happy to have a friend with a laserwelding machine at his work .

Edited Feb 19, 2015
  6. rogart ray it again, Ram. Feb 19, 2015

Red loctite ? Thats the hardest of them all ? If i remember right ? Could that be the problem They stripped the thread when trying to them off . Should one heat the old pushers when you change them ? Think i use blue or green instead this time . At least for this watch . Or?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 19, 2015

Yes of course you use heat to break the bond of the Loctite. While it's not a pusher on a Speedmaster, I was able to locate these photos quickly to show you how a tube is changed typically - a screwed in tube at least. This is changing an HEV on a modern Seamaster, so since you are heating the case, the crystal is removed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The valve is disassembled:

[​IMG]

I use a small butane torch, and the tool shown is a specific Omega tool like an Allen key for removing HEV tubes:

[​IMG]

Case is heated with torch, tool inserted into the HEV tube, and you unscrew it from the case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New HEV - note the Titanium washer:

[​IMG]

It is disassembled:

[​IMG]

Of course case is cleaned at this point, and the tube for the HEV is placed on the tool, Loctite applied:

[​IMG]

And screwed into case:

[​IMG]

Then after curing time, the valve is assembled:

[​IMG]

Changing a pusher would be very similar...in fact changing a screwed in case tube would be similar as well.

Cheers, Al

watchyouwant and rogart like this.
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 19, 2015

Road behind middle svool

9. lomb Mar 15, 2015

Thread marked