Forums Latest Members

Arrived... Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 7, 2015

This one definitely deserves its own thread! Vintage JLC Memovox, reference 855, caliber K825, semi-quickset, made for the European market. The serial number puts it at the very end of production for this reference, in 1969. Near perfect dial and hands, unpolished case, both original signed crowns... amazing condition. Been looking for a nice Memovox for a while, so I was quite pleased to get this example. I do have the correct Gay Freres bracelet, but for now wearing it on a black gator strap from Keleran.

Iconic watch and definitely a keeper for me. :)

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Edited Feb 7, 2015
  2. Spike Feb 7, 2015

Beautiful::love::

Darlinboy likes this.
  3. Hijak Feb 7, 2015

Wow, stunning!::love:: I know it's futile to do this but...DIBS!

Darlinboy likes this.
  4. Traveler Feb 7, 2015

I just picked one up this week too! I posted it on WRUW a few days ago and it got the most likes of anything I have ever posted. These seem very popular right now. I think I was inspired by the tale of the DSA that turned up in the Goodwill shop, and I was seriously considering getting the new version of that. But then I found an old Hodinkee 'vintage week on the wrist' article featuring one of these and I was hooked. I have mine on the GF bracelet, which I find stunning. It seems to have a slightly different date window detail to yours - no box and no encroachment on the minute track...the dial has also turned a lovely champagne color in daylight...
    . image.jpg

5. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 7, 2015

I wanted to call 'Dibs!', too, but again, futile... amazingly cool, and beautiful!::love::

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 7, 2015

Saw that.. And a great example too! I do have the correct bracelet, but will wear it on leather for the time being.

I have beem setting mine and enjoying the alarm every hour. It is loud enough that my wife heard it two from rooms away and came to see what was making the noise. :p

dougiedude likes this.
  7. Traveler Feb 7, 2015

Ha - I've been using mine as the alarm every morning this week... It wakes you up with quite a jolt! My wife is the other side of the Atlantic at the moment, and I'm guessing that's not going to fly when she's back, so making the most now!

Darlinboy and dougiedude like this.
  8. Hijak Feb 7, 2015

You guys are making me (and others I'm sure) very jealous!

Darlinboy likes this.
  9. Traveler Feb 7, 2015

This one really fits the definition of a boy's toy!

Darlinboy likes this.
  10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 7, 2015

11. puddlep1rate Feb 7, 2015

Very cool pickup! Congrats.

Darlinboy likes this.
  12. NT931 Feb 8, 2015

Beautiful catch! [emoji106]

Darlinboy likes this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 8, 2015

I love alarm watches - fun to own and to work on. The vintage models are very buzzy. Modern versions have a gong inside, so they have the old school bell sound:

I should have taken the watch and camera off the bench for this - both have deadened the sound. I use this watch a lot when on the road, and it has never failed to wake me up!

Here a vintage one I was servicing a while back showing the hammer moving - nothing to hit so it's not too loud, but it gives you an idea what the hammer moving looks like:

Not sure what that odd clicking noise is playing over the video...problem with YouTube I think...

Congrats!

Cheers, Al

Fritz and Darlinboy like this.
  14. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 8, 2015

Thanks for putt ng this up! That Master Compressor... Wow. Time for class indeed.

15. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Feb 8, 2015

My dauphine hand version says hello!

20150208_145552.jpg

kappy, Hijak, Fritz and 3 others like this.