Forums Latest Members

Arrived: Enamel Dial RGM 455 Classic Chrono

1. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 26, 2016

Custom enamel dial, blued hands, Valjoux 7753, 38mm SS case, screw in strap bars, thick RGM gator strap and buckle. Dial was bespoke for another customer but they made more than one. Could not resist. Happy I pulled the trigger. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Edited Aug 26, 2016
    M.C.B1974, Kmart, ulackfocus and 10 others like this.
  2. SeanO Aug 26, 2016

I was only on the website last night looking at the 151 (No Date).

will it wear under a cuff? I know it's less than 40mm but some of them stack up quite high.

3. ulackfocus Aug 26, 2016

Throw back, baby! If that were thinner I'd be diggin' it even more.

Larry S likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 26, 2016

Wore it tonight with a blazer and it fit nicely under shirt cuff. It is thick. But 38mm. Works.

5. Seiji Aug 27, 2016

Great looking watch!

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 27, 2016

I think it would be fine. Lots to choose from in this line and affordable.

7. RegF Aug 27, 2016

Absolute stunner!

My only disappointment is no display case back to admire the innards.

Congratulations!

spin_transistor likes this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 27, 2016

I hear you. Had I asked for that, this watch would have cost as much or more than his in house movements. I was sorely tempted because he does such a beautiful job even on sourced movements. Already a big premium to recover costs on the dial.

9. RegF Aug 28, 2016

Ouch! Holy Moley, I didn't realise there was such a jump for a piece of sapphire.

I knew enamel was an atrisan-level material that was NOT cheap,

Irrespective of the closed back, It still looks amazing.

He's definitely on my hit-list, being one of the only, if not the only - truly American made marques

One day...

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 28, 2016

I didn't ask actually. Assuming. Making these dials is very expensive So I was dealing with a big number already. I own an 801 coe so I get to enjoy his dial and movement skills. As a guy who grew up in PA. I'm happy to support hiim and his determination to restart the industry here. They are great to deal with. Save up.

11. Faulkner's maze Dec 10, 2016

You have good taste! I incidentally have the other one that was originally made. I love the enamel dial.
    I was wondering if a double (or triple) would show up somewhere.

It's a great watch -wear it in good health!
    Ps-coincidentally my name is Lawrence
    Pss-incidentally he is supposedly coming out with a silver case version of the lost erisman.

IMG_1142.JPG
    al128 and GregH like this.
  12. Kmart Dec 10, 2016

That spiral tachymeter is so unique and cool!

I feel like there is not a lot of information out there regarding RGM. Especially as a fellow Pennsylvanian I love everything that they are doing (customization, enamel dials, made in USA), but you just don't really see them around. The 801 COE is one of my dream watches for sure, way out of my price range at the moment though.

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 10, 2016

Hysterical that we have the same first name. I owe you one then because when I saw this on FB and he said he had an extra dial I had to go for it. I flinched at the number a bit but understood. Yea it's a stunner and I wear it a lot. Glad you are ok not being the only owner but we are few anyway. I like that Erisman ... I'm sure he got a lot of feedback to support that decision.

I also have the 801 COE. Another stunner.

IMG_4010.JPG

Faulkner's maze and Jwit like this.
  14. Faulkner's maze Dec 10, 2016

I was just more surprised by finding it haphazardly -on an omega forum of all places.
    Doing what I can to support American watch making!
    I have seen that 801 COE. Love it. Thought about it but then I have this-1915 Waltham with enamel dial.
    It is 36mm though-I have thought of commissioning Roland for a new one in 38mm dial. Prob not the 801 movement as I can't afford both!

But going to wait on the erisman first and see what happens. I would love to have watches that RGM excels on-enamel and guilloche.

IMG_1106.JPG
    GregH likes this.
  15. TheKomoman Dec 10, 2016

Gorgeous, congrats!!

As a PA guy myself (still there) RGM is on my "some day" list for sure. They're only about an hour down the road from where I live. Some day..

16. Faulkner's maze Dec 10, 2016

I had happen across RGM by total accident. I had this created as you don't see too many watches with the "snail" tachymeter. The closest to that was a B&M capeland that at the time sold at a similar price that was 44mm -too big-and was ruined by a date window for a vintage look. So for a little more I got the enamel dial and the way I wanted it.

Larry S likes this.
  17. Faulkner's maze Dec 10, 2016

Def want to visit. Afraid I can't walk out without a watch though! Actually I think my wife would kill me if I said I was flying to the east coast just to make a visit to RGM from Cali.

TheKomoman likes this.
  18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 10, 2016

First OF is more that just Omega. It's the best watch forum on the planet in my opinion. Love that Waltham! I'm enamored of Roland's guillauche work but thanks to these OF sites, I've been bitten by the vintage bug. I always check to see what he's up to though.

BTW : My 1917 13.33 36 mm. Works pretty well on the trench style straps.

IMG_3955.JPG

Faulkner's maze and TheKomoman like this.
  19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 10, 2016

Meant to ask. What watch did you show him to inspire this design? Pictures please!

20. Faulkner's maze Dec 10, 2016

Wow-that is gorgeous. I had thought originally of something along those lines but I cannot imagine what the design costs would have been!