Forums Latest Members

Arrival Dates for New Speedmaster Models

1. waveguide Nov 3, 2018

Earlier this year Omega debuted The Speedmaster "Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8" declaring it would be available in September, then December, and now we understand it won't show up until January. A holiday purchase season on this one has been lost.

The Forum had a lot of traffic over the Moonwatch Anniversary Limited Series 10th Anniversary Hodinkee watch on announcement, and it is reported to have sold out, with shipments to begin mid-November. Not to restart the controversy about the watch itself, what do you all think? Will Omega get these delivered in time for Christmas? Couldn't resist posting this photo of the Speedmaster Day-Date 3520.53.00 "Mark 40" next to the H10.

IMG_5440.jpg

Edited Nov 3, 2018
  2. rohnin Nov 3, 2018

Since Hodinkee will celebrate its 10th anniversary early December, I think the watches should be delivered in time

3. pianomankd Nov 3, 2018

Nothing about that watch is pleasant looking to me.

That being said, I do hope those who ordered receive it in time!

4. SpeedyD Nov 3, 2018

I’d selfishly hoping some of the new releases are delayed. My watch fund is skint so could do with a few months to save up before something tempting lands :p

waveguide likes this.
  5. initialjh Nov 3, 2018

I was at Omega Boutique
    I was at Omega Boutique yesterday to pick up something I've ordered and I was shown the DSOTM Apollo 8 prototype. Very very nice watch, and I love the finishing on the cal 1869, but the sales says it won't be delivered till next year in Sydney (AUS) so yes, definitely holiday purchase season lost but if one wants that watch, then really, holiday or not, is no excuse. :)