Forums Latest Members

Are stems available for Solil et Titus alarm watches?

1. Professor Jan 13, 2018

Ran across a non functioning but otherwise very good looking Titus alarm wrist watch. Images of the movement seem to show it is signed , complete and no noticable damage but one of the two stems is broken off or missing completely.
    I doubt I'll win the auction but if it's possible to find parts for these I'll give it a go.

If parts for other vintage Titus watches are available I'd like to know where to look.
    The brand moved to China long ago but there's plenty of vintages examples around.
    Apparently the Chinese made Titus is well respected.

2. w154 Jan 14, 2018

Picture of the movement ?

Probably something like an AS1475.

3. Professor Jan 14, 2018

I checked another Titus alarm watch and the movement looked to be the same though the font of the signature was not the same. I think it was an older production watch.

Don't know what the missing stem does, whether it winds and sets the watch or the alarm.

Theres a separate domed cover under the case back thats probably the bell, it has a stud sticking out towards the movement.

The case back has the number 7770

s-l1600 (1).jpg

4. w154 Jan 14, 2018

Looks a heck of a lot like the As1475, although I haven't checked everything so don't take my word for it. If it is then stems seem available on eBay for under 10 bucks. I might have a correct crown as I have somehow ended up with a huge box full of Titus signed ones.

5. Professor Jan 14, 2018

I'm sure you are correct. I've looked up various permutations of this movement and it appears to have been the one most commonly used. The other similar ones have calendars and this watch doesn't.
    There's a Russian made copy but it differs in details.

I'm not so sure that the dial of the watch I'm looking at is original or has been re surfaced. Some GF Titus watches have applied gold logos and this one is just printed black.
    Apparently the cases used with this movement were identical across a wide range of brands, though I've seen what may be exceptions.

If bidding doesn't go too high I hope to find out.

The missing stem looks to be at the four o'clock position which would be the basic works winding and setting stem. If thats all thats wrong with this watch I'll certainly be pleased.

This model seems to predate the move to China.

6. Professor Jan 17, 2018

I lets this one slip past me. Probably never find another in my price range.
    The bidder that got it paid a very reasonable price, though I'm sure his max bid would have been far more than I'd have wanted to put in it.