Forums Latest Members

Are members invested in Bitcoin?

1. keywerd May 11, 2021

You got the safe queens and the daily beater, why not hodl both :)

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 11, 2021

You only strengthen the point @fibonacci made : apart from the name ‘digital currency’, CBDC and crypto really have nothing to do with each other and have opposing philosophies. Maybe the term ‘central’ in ‘CBDC’ hints as to why (and all the -ve points the linked article mentions). For example:

553017F1-652C-408E-93AC-54CBFC546B71.jpeg

CBDC (if that article is hitting the nail on the head) sounds like a very bad idea :eek: And ‘the fed’ will save a ton of cash as the money printing machine will now cost nothing. Imagine your hard earned (or inherited) money could expire... ::facepalm2:: ...or the government decides you can’t buy that grey market Rolex :confused:

Edited May 11, 2021
  3. AlphaToOmega May 11, 2021

I totally agree they are opposing philosophies - the central banks see a decentralised 'currency' as a major threat to their own controlled centralised fiat currency. The point is that when CBDC's become the norm this will make crypto seem less intimidating to the man on the street. Quid quo Pro crypto gains broader acceptance and prices go up. There will be many unintended consequences of CBDC's being launched, not all entirely helpful to the central banks.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 11, 2021

I sincerely hope they don’t implement such a Totalitarian system in my country.

kov likes this.
  5. Just Livin May 11, 2021

Printing Newspapers....Printing Money.....Why print anything.....I sense even the good old BoE here in the UK will revert to their own digital banking. Interesting to follow.

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 11, 2021

#britcoin is a thing ;)

wristpirate likes this.
  7. Just Livin May 11, 2021

I believe it is. Which is why I am happy to have invested in it. My point was weakly to emphasise the inevitability of banking in the present and more so the future

8. Just Livin May 11, 2021

I think we should set up a British Bulldog logo on the front of our coin. :)

9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 11, 2021

[​IMG]

'Britcoin Baby Yeeeeeah'

wristpirate, Just Livin and kov like this.
  10. Just Livin May 11, 2021

Hey lets set it up as a Bitcoin Joke.......Wait.......thats been done already right ::confused2::

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 13, 2021

I see Tesla is no longer accepting Bitcoin it for payment, citing high energy use. That's twice in a week Elon has caused a crypto to head South!

12. AlphaToOmega May 14, 2021

Good time to buy!

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 14, 2021

It is with a heavy heart I must put my virtual watch up for sale.

The watch has been carefully stored in my Photos "Watch" album and has never been worn or abused. All patina and "artefacts" are original to the watch.

Please note that this is not a For Sale post, I'm just gauging interest before posting it in the proper place, but as I will require a Bitcoin payment, I thought it best to test the waters here.

Anyway, the watch.

I would like to thank Heritage Auctions for their generosity in providing me with a virtual example of this magnificent, historical watch.

Pogue+Watch.jpg

NOTE WELL: You will not receive an actual watch.
    I will simply email you a copy of the virtual watch (in your preferred format - JPEG, PNG, TIFF etc).
    You could convert this to an NFT (Non Fungible Token) after negotiation with Heritage Auctions if you want to retain exclusivity and ownership of the watch.

timoss, Walrus, YY77 and 2 others like this.
  14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 14, 2021

While the world is in an uproar, I thought it quite oxymoronic (given his principles regarding energy, and what his companies are achieving) to begin with...so feel he is ‘back on track’ with this move. Now they will probably accept Doge soon :rolleyes:

Archer likes this.
  15. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 14, 2021

Nice watch. My offer: 0.0000125 Britcoin.

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 14, 2021

AhHa!
    I'm not going to be swindled, "Britcoin" isn't even real!

(unless you made a typo, then I'll think about it before Musk makes another Tweet).

17. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 14, 2021

No typo...it’s real all right! The Brits don’t yet know about it...thus it presents an amazing opportunity to get in ahead of the herd and go all the way to the moon :D

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 14, 2021

I'm in!

Send me your bank details.

19. AlphaToOmega May 14, 2021

I think this may the wrong forum for your proposition. If you could somehow upload it onto Fortnite you'd probably get plenty of buyers. In V Bucks rather than Bitcoin though. Then again, who is to say V Bucks aren't the next big thing!!

20. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 14, 2021

PM sent! I sent my bank details, and address (for the watch) :whistling: