Forums Latest Members
  1. mks4 Jan 3, 2015

Hi all,

I did a search within the forum on these and after the initial buzz, I was unable to see if anyone bought one of these? If so, I'm curious how it looks and what they sent? I have an A386 incoming and want to see if this would be fun to add or if I should spend the money on another vintage Seiko instead? ;)

Cheers!
    Mike

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 3, 2015

I've seen a couple and they aren't much to look at, not including much more information than you can get off the nice people in this forum.... if it were my money I'd buy the Seiko, its more fun for your dollar.

P1000605.JPG

3. mks4 Jan 3, 2015

Thanks Fritz...I appreciate the advice. I think the interesting thing would be to see where it was originally sold if they provide that like Omega.

Nice 009, btw. Seikos are a primary vice of mine. It's off-topic, but here's an article I wrote a few weeks back you (and others) might like. Cheers!

http://www.fratellowatches.com/seiko-6159-7010-grandfather-tuna/

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 3, 2015

I bought the Seiko a few weeks ago, like new, in the box with all the papers, $125...... its was made about 2001 so the oils are dry and it runs slow, but a quick service and a set of seals and I've got a rough use watch that can't be killed!

The article looks interesting.... my printer is choking on it now!

Der Fritz

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 3, 2015

It is my custom to order an archive extract for any Omega over a certain value. I enjoy having the additional information, including production date, and original destination.

And on three watches, the extract showed the watches were not original. Two were recased from gold to stainless (not uncommon in my experience) and one was recased into a totally different reference case. Got my money back on all three. :)

6. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jan 3, 2015

When I attempt to order an Omega extract, the site tells me they are not available to US customers. Is this true......or am I missing something obvious? Thanks, Tom

7. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 3, 2015

US clients can not order this directly. However rumors have it this can be arranged from (some?) US ADs.
    No idea why this is......
    I have so far ordered three of these. The value of the information provide is dependent on several factors. For a SM300 it can be useful to know that your movement actually came of a SM300 and not a donor. The same goes for a Speedy 321 or 861. Ordered one for my DeVille cal 860 and only a few days later came to realize the uselessness as this caliber came only in one case ref. at least confirmed it to be a birth year piece. :unsure:
    For a military piece this can be quite cool as the extracts I have seen also states that they have been sold to various countries armed forces.
    It is a matter of personal taste but I will order more when I fell it appropriate.

Cheers!

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 3, 2015

You can request the correct forms from Omega USA Customer service. The cost is currently $150, and the extract will take five or six weeks to arrive from Bienne. I've ordered them as recently as October.

Edited Jan 4, 2015
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

It is my understanding that Omega's contract with their AD's (and Boutiques) specify that Omega Bienne cannot sell anything on the Internet within the US. This includes merchandise and services other than watches.

Even "A Journey Through Time" was sold online here by a third party.

At least it all makes sense now.
    gatorcpa

10. mks4 Jan 4, 2015

Ok, sorry for my verbal diahrrea above...I was looking to see if anyone has bought a Zenith extract and if it differs at all from info from Omega? They claim on Zenith's site to include copies of ads, catalog shots where possible...has anyone tried it?

ELV web likes this.
  11. Bienne2998 Jan 4, 2015

Hi Mks4

Well i did. It's not a big deal. The copy from the ads you can find all over the internet. The extract from the archives is pretty much the same thing as for Omega.
    Best regards, Thomas Scan.jpeg Scan 1.jpeg

Scan.jpeg
  12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2015

13. mks4 Jan 4, 2015

Thanks guys...appreciate the response. It looks like it does differ slightly from Omega in that it does not show the country of delivery. Not a big issue, but interesting to know I suppose.

Mike

14. ELV web Jan 11, 2015

Got one here for a non-el primero. Came with 8 pages of catalogue printouts. image.jpg
    image.jpg

Edited Jan 11, 2015
    Hijak likes this.
  15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 11, 2015

16. ELV web Jan 11, 2015

Actually one major complain, too many typos and misused words.....