Forums Latest Members
  1. R3D9 Jun 7, 2017

For sale is my Archimede Pilot 39H in excellent condition.

Reference : UA7969-A4.5
    Case Material : Stainless steel
    Case Size: 39mm excluding the crown and 45mm lug-to-lug
    Lug Width: 20mm
    Glass : Sapphire Crystal in flawless condition
    Movement : Automatic ETA 2824-2
    Dial : Black, with luminous numerals and indexes
    Hands :Luminous blue hands (Superluminova C3)

Link to Archimede's product page: https://www.archimede-watches.com/pilot-39-h-velour-leather.html
    Accessories included in the sale :

Original Box and printed copy of original electronic receipt from Archimede.
    Brown velour leather strap with rivets (wrist size: 17,5 - 21cm) with optional deployment clasp

Price : $550 CAD OBO (as at June 7th, 2017 = ~$408 USD equivalent) net to me. I am always open to offers, so please do get in touch if you are interested.

Since this is just my second listing on the site, payment from established members of Omega Forums can be made via PayPal (non-friends and family so you can have the added comfort of PayPal's buyer protection) and I will cover the fees. New members must pay via wire transfer or PayPal friends and family.

Canadian Residents - I am happy to accept payment via PayPal (as outlined above) or Interac E-mail transfer.

The watch is located in Guelph, Ontario Canada. Shipping is to be made via Canada Post with their optional insurance coverage, at the buyer's expense. A face to face sale in the GTA is welcome. I regularly drive all around SWO for business, so a meet-up anywhere from London, Ontario to Toronto is arrangeable, with reasonable notice.

I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after getting the first PM saying "I will buy this watch now at your price".

And now, for the pictures :

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

Rock-solid ETA 2824-2 movement

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

Note the slight scuff on the bottom edge portion of the non-crown-side of the case below.

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Note the slight scuffing to the clasp in the image below:

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Condition Notes:

The pictures above are the best part of the description. Since I own the watch I'm selling, feel free to ask for special details or angles you want to see better prior to buying.

For those that do not know anything about Archimede, they are a well-regarded German watchmaker who partners with the case manufacturer Ickler, to produce some of the highest quality-to-value-ratio flieger watches in the business.

The quality of Ickler cases (I own two Archimedes) is outstanding and really has to be seen in the metal to be truly appreciated.

This dial variant - referred to as the Heritage line - is my favourite from Archimede because of the lack of logo. It is a clean, classic design.

The strap was worn sparingly (and never in the heat) and is in like-new condition.

Some FAQ:

Why are you selling? - I acquired this watch a few months ago and, while I admire it's design and fit and finish, I personally find the watch a tad to small for my 7.25" wrist. For a pilot's watch, I prefer a 42mm case for my wrist size.
    Are you a Dealer? - No. I am an aspiring collector and have been primarily in acquisition mode. I have a new Omega on order and will use to funds from this sale to help with that purchase. I have completed one successful sale on this forum which you can read about here:

r3d9-a-fantastic-honest-seller-an-absolute-pleasure-to-deal-with.58748

Tell me a little about the watch's history: - This watch was purchased by the original owner directly from Archimede in November of 2016. The original owner was an avid collector and the watch, as part of a 20-watch collection, saw very little wrist time, so he decided to sell it on.

I purchased it in March and estimate I have worn it a half-dozen time since then and not since the end of March

What is the watch's condition?

The watch is in close to like-new condition and presents extremely well on-wrist, however upon close inspection there are a few small signs of wear, most notably:

- bottom right lug has an almost imperceptible swirl. Try as I might, I was unable to capture this in photos and it is only noticeable at the exact right angle under direct light.
    - the exposed part of the clasp has light scuffing - I've tried to show it in one of the images above
    - the non-crown side of the case has a speck-sized scuff at the bottom portion of the case. I've once again tried to show this at the top.

The ETA 2824-2 automatic movement runs exactly as it should. The crown winds smoothly and the watch keeps very good time, although I have not timed it for specific accuracy. Note also that the watch has 17 months remaining under Achimede's two year warranty.

Anything else to know?

The optional deployment strap that comes with the watch is surprisingly nice, given the price-point. The clasp won't win any JD Power quality awards, but it doesn't the job and the leather is sturdy and quite lovely.

Will you take it back? - Returns only accepted if watch is materially not as described.

Many thanks to the Omega Forums for the space!

*** edit: I just noticed that during my cut-and-paste editing, I had left the older description of the last watch (a vintage Omega Seamaster) for sale. To clarify, the glass for this watch is a sapphire crystal and it is in flawless condition.

Edited Jun 7, 2017
    Jwit, oddboy, sliceoftime_ and 2 others like this.
  2. R3D9 Jun 8, 2017

The watch is now sold via an alternate sales forum.

Thanks very much to OF for the opportunity to list here.