Forums Latest Members

SOLD [Price drop] Aquastar Regate in Bucherer Regatta Guise

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 8, 2022

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily,

(yes... I know...)

For sale is that lovely Bucherer-branded Aquastar Regatta / Regate.

IMG_20220907_081046223_HDR~2.jpg

I purchased this quirky from a well-known Swiss collector not so long ago, and now is time to free up some cash and to find it a new, loving home. If you’re browsing this section on OF, you probably know this cycle very well

This watch is a cool Regatta version: It is really an Aquastar rebranded by/for Bucherer, in the sense that the Lemania 1345 ticking inside is hosted by a 39mm (excl. crown) Aquastar case with an Aquastar caseback. When of the non-Lobster version and non-Aquastar-branded, this setup is most often found in Tissot-cased watches, so this one is quite an oddball… Note that it’s also called Regatta, rather the Regate – possibly for the export market? All-in-all, a bit of a schizophrenic watch if you ask me, always works at GTG’s.

IMG_20220907_080726017_HDR~2.jpg

Anyhow, this is a great little watch, and a cool conversation starter, with its colorful disappearing dial that alternates between silvers, blues and oranges. The fluo orange running second, which also happens to be the “regatta chronograph” second, as it resets to zero when you press the pusher, brings an additional dose of funkiness to an overall very quirky design.

Wristroll here if wristrolls are not fully out of fashion - somehow i can't link it directly however... sorry :(
    https://youtube.com/shorts/n9v7-AdfYGg

To top it off, this comes on a bespoke strap from (iirc) twostitch straps that I had the folks there do just for this baby, with corresponding bright orange stitching. Please note that I have a 14cm wrist, maybe this strap might not be the right one for you if you are of the beefier type than me

The Regate ticks nice and smooth, with the Regatta 10mn “countdown” working as expected. The watch runs a bit slow overall, about 1mn/day. Service history is unknown.

The case looks unpolished to me, has a few marks and battle-scars, but nothing that prevents that piece of 70’s funkiness from retaining most of its sunburst finish, as well as looking good and catching attention with its bright colors and unusual complication.

IMG_20220907_080720753_HDR.jpg IMG_20220907_080735840_HDR.jpg IMG_20220907_080751563_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20220907_080804742_HDR~2.jpg

For this piece of maritime funkiness, I am asking for
    $1060 / CHF1000 / EUR1020 paid to my (ex-Transfer)Wise account, including shipping to Western Europe

(please contact me for outside of WE).

IMG_20220908_113451565_HDR.jpg

I can accept pretty much any currency that yields the same proceeds, you can check FX here https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/fr/?from=CHF&to=USD&amount=6000 (for instance) . The amount includes fully Secursus-insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my (transfer)Wise account, net to me. This way it looks like a “local” wire to you regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (Even US buyers get it right first time :D). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart and cost-efficient way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, hand the watch over to you with a bow, and the beer is on me. I am looking for cash, no trades please.

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's):
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift (edit : not the case here, I'm afraid!). I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references here (https://omegaforums.net/search/13903340/?q=lonestar&o=date&c[node]=10) . I have met many OF members in person locally as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't lowballing me - If you are, I will likely ignore you at the very worst.

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only, I use (transfer)Wise which looks like a plain jane direct wire to you but allows to use any currency (read: the easiest one for you!). Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area

Thank you OF for the space, and stay safe everyone.

Best regards,
    Paul

Edited Nov 16, 2022
    bardamu, jjen, Zdzislaw and 9 others like this.
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 9, 2022

Day +1 bump for a stylish, colorful watch with a cool complication.

Frederic_gva likes this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 15, 2022

Seriously folks... where else can you get such an amount of 70's colorful, sailing funkiness for such a reasonable amount of money?

Frederic_gva likes this.
  4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 22, 2022

Mid-week bump :)

5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 3, 2022

Monday Bump... reasonable offers welcome :)

6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 15, 2022

Bump :)

7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 16, 2022

First and last price drop.

Have a good day everyone!

Paul

8. High Hope Nov 18, 2022

Hi Paul,
    Is the case chrome plated?
    Chris

9. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 18, 2022

Hi Chris - this is a steel case without plating of any kind.

Happy to answer any further questions

All the best,

Paul

10. High Hope Nov 18, 2022

Thanks Paul. I sold a Memosail recently and am intrigued with yachting timers. Your watch is a beauty and tempting.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Lonestar likes this.
  11. adrian scott Nov 22, 2022

Love this watch ::psy::

Lonestar likes this.
  12. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 28, 2023

A couple of inquiries, but still available :)

zedlebowski likes this.
  13. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Apr 12, 2023

Sold to a friendly gentleman in Italy.
    Thank you OF and mods for everything you are doing for the community.
    Best regards,
    Paul

Robert M and bardamu like this.