Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra with casual, personal touch

1. savio.79 Feb 16, 2016

Hello All,
    I follow this forum by weeks but it seems I cannot find an answer to my question in previous threads from other members.
    I'm considering to buy my first Omega, and my choice is an Aqua Terra 41.5 blue dial and blue leather strap with deployant clasp, but I'd like to add a "personal touch" to the watch, by changing the strap in dress-down/casual/summer time. ;)
    I'd like to use a "blue diver rubber strap with white stitchings" and deployant clasp, like the one found on the PlanetOcean-Blue-Ti-42mm (I photoshopped it to made my avatar and I do like the combo!) to be able to wear my AT in Aqua (=water: swimming) and in Terra (=ground: walking) but I don't like too much the new AT bracelet with polished links, while I love the blue strap style, either in AT-leather and in PO-rubber.
    My question is: does this strap fit in the lugs and case of the watch?
    I've searched for informations in an Ofrei's page but I don't have a case reference because I've not bought the watch yet.
    Can somebody help me?
    Maybe someone who owns both an AT-41.5 and a PO-42 could try the "frankenstein job" (just ask to the AD, he says "no") and let me know.
    Thank you all in advance for your help.

23113422103001 con caucciu PO42.png
    Ps pardon for my poor english

Edited Feb 16, 2016
    meganfox17 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  2. meganfox17 Feb 16, 2016

Savio.79
    I'm not an expert in Omega strap options but i do have a PO 600 45.5 mm Liquid Metal Blue Titanium . I know the Blue Rubber Strap with the white stitching 22 mm lugs size fits my watch perfectly. The PO Blue Ti 42 mm case has a 21 mm lugs blue rubber & white stitching strap with the deployant buckle.
    I dont think there is an Omega Blue rubber with white stitching with a 20 mm lugs. The only 20 mm colour available is Black rubber. I may be wrong but i thought AT 41.5 blue dial only allows 20 mm lugs of rubber / Nato/ Steel Bracelets s

3. savio.79 Feb 16, 2016

Thank you for answering.
    I was pretty sure that the PO-42mm had 20mm lugs, while the PO-gmt-43,5 had 21mm lugs. but maybe I'm wrong.
    Thank you again.
    Thanks for answering.
    Do you have any suggestion? I mean, for another rubber strap fitting to the AT?
    Thx

4. cuts33 Feb 16, 2016

5. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Feb 16, 2016

6. savio.79 Feb 17, 2016

:( Thx
    Good advice! but it seems they're not waterproof, with the leather lining (it makes me laugh, a shark-skin band that's not waterproof!!)

Just found this:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/20mm-22mm-Ru...hash=item1c60251d7e:m:mfb4oIJBb-hg6qBI_Oj2CUgPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What do you think about it? There's a picture with a watch (slimmer than current PO, but I cannot say what model is it) fitting the strap very well.

7. z1109r Feb 17, 2016

You cant go wrong with mesh:cool:

[​IMG]

8. savio.79 Feb 17, 2016

Thx 4 suggestion, but i bet that mesh is a love-or-hate thing, and I'm not a fan... (it gives to me the idea of a "hair removal machine" ahahahah) :)

9. Grnny456 Feb 17, 2016

Check out the Hirsch Paul or George.

10. yinzerniner Feb 17, 2016

I'm not sure what straps were used but in my experience all 2500 and 8500 PO straps with the same lug width and case size are interchangeable. The case curve and case to lug hole distance stays the same between the two movement types. However, the case depth/thickness and lug depth/thickness changes, so 2500-designed straps will sit below the lugs on 8500 cases. Also, 8500 straps will sit above the lugs and will have some extra material on the bottom of the lugs.
    Also, the 42mm designed PO straps fit on Speedmaster Pro cases, though not quite as flush as on PO cases.

That being said, to the OP with the Aqua Terra sadly none of the PO straps with curved lugs will fit it. The lug design and case to lug hole distance is very different from the AT to the PO. You could try to make it work yourself either through using thinner springbars or making the springbar hole in the strap somewhat larger to account for the different case to lug hole distance, but I wouldn't recommend it.

11. savio.79 Feb 17, 2016

:(:(:( Thank you for your detailed response.

12. nurseford25 Feb 17, 2016

I can fit my black rubber strap from my 42mm PO onto my speedmaster. It sits a bit above the lugs but nothing crazy, I would imagine that it would be the same on the aqua terra.

13. yinzerniner Feb 17, 2016

Your imagination is somewhat wrong in this case - the 42mm 2500 POs and the Speedy Pro have very similar lug hole to case distances, while the 41.5mm AT lug hole to case distance is much shorter. The 41mm SMP and SMPc lug hole to case distance is very short as well, thus why PO straps wont work on SMP or SMPc's without some alteration or negotiating.

14. savio.79 Feb 17, 2016

Ok, let's play a game:
    can anybody post a picture of the end-link side profile of the metal bracelet of an AT-8500cal or a PO-42mm-8500cal ? (when it's removed from the case, obviously)
    Surely, by comparing the profiles, we can guess the difference between the case-to-lugs'holes distance, and be sure that the PO's strap
    doesn't fit the AT.
    Something like this

END LINK.png

15. savio.79 Feb 17, 2016

Oooops, ::shy:: I wrote my latest post without pushing the "refresh page" button first, but now I see you're sure about this difference in distance.
    Ok guys, game over? :(

16. savio.79 Feb 22, 2016

I'm going OT in my own thread with my next question:
    opting for the "James Bond Limited Edition", with bracelet+nylon strap set, can I wear the nylon strap swimming? Is it waterproof?
    Thank you for answering.

17. patrickharper Feb 22, 2016

I m longing to buy this one. Is Swiss Direct a reliable one for buying Luxury Watches ? Price seems to be low there when compared with other retailers... It is £4195 in Swiss Direct and £4665 in Amazon ...
    -Patrick

18. uvalaw2005 Feb 22, 2016

Though generally true, the Omega mesh is the exception to my mind. Never have any issues with "hair removal," and I wear it on my SMPc all the time.

savio.79 likes this.
  19. Texas_Tom Feb 22, 2016

The NATO straps are quick to dry, will wear out over time, but cheap to replace and can have multiple colors for variety. #winner

savio.79 likes this.