Aqua Terra Small Seconds

The blue dial is nice, except for the date window. A detraction to me.

Like 1
The blue dial is nice, except for the date window. A detraction to me.

Was going to say the same thing. Date is unnecessary, would be so much better without.

I don’t find the modern AT interpretations to be very attractive. The vintage pieces with small seconds are much more stylish IMO.
IMG_6658.jpeg

Like 7
If they came in smaller sizes and weren't as thick, it would be the only watch on my vision board.

Like 1
The seamaster 1948 was a better looking model in my opinion. Although understand it's not as sporty as the AT.

Screenshot_2024-03-14-13-16-22-73_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Like 9
The seamaster 1948 was a better looking model in my opinion. Although understand it's not as sporty as the AT.

Screenshot_2024-03-14-13-16-22-73_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
Yes, agreed, that one I like.

Like 2
I like that AT too, but (like others) can’t abide by the date.

The London version of the 1948 Seamaster was the first modern Omega I fell for, but I never got around to buying one.

In this vein, maybe the biggest missed opportunity in Omega’s current lineup (in my opinion, obviously) is the fact that they don’t make a version of the pictured DeVille without diamonds on the bezel. I’d be all over it if they did. Thin, gorgeous movement, time-only, small seconds, white dial. Exactly what I like, and no worse looking than the entry level offerings from PP and VC.

Like 3
Well I agree about the date, although with my eye-sight I can't see it anyway, so on my wrist does not make a change ;)
Also god points about Seamaster 1948, although a bit too dressy to me.

Like 1
I love the small seconds AT and I would own one (white dial with blue indices and hands) if they made it in 38mm. 41mm is a no go for me for the AT.

I'm generally not a fan of dials with small seconds complications. They are rarely integrated well with the dial, although a couple of the other Omegas shown in this thread do a good job with it.

I find this Aqua Terra small seconds design to be particularly awkward. The small seconds breaks up the teak board design of the dial, and the date window takes a chunk out of the small seconds dial. It looks like they just slapped a small seconds on the Aqua Terra dial to have another model to sell without putting much thought into it. It's a start contrast compared to the Tresor or Seamasters shown in this thread.

Just got myself Speedy style Uncle Straps bracelet. Original AT bracelet is really bad, so I knew I would never use it.
This one looks pretty cool.
And I have experimented a bit with different straps :)

Like 2
I’ve spent
Just got myself Speedy style Uncle Straps bracelet. Original AT bracelet is really bad, so I knew I would never use it.
This one looks pretty cool.
And I have experimented a bit with different straps :)

Curious: by “original AT bracelet” do you mean the strap in your photo earlier, or the actual metal bracelet that comes on the AT?

If the latter, it’s a good example of “different strokes for different folks.” (A theme that got rather tense in a concurrent thread about NATOs.) I think the AT bracelet is among the best in the modern watch world. Really love the tapered oyster design with the hidden butterfly clasp rather than a bulky dive clasp. The only thing that could improve it, IMO, is a microadjust feature, but that’s hard to pull off in a hidden clasp design. (Vacheron manages it on the Overseas, but that’s high-end watchmaking, obviously.)

In any case, what you put together there looks great!

Like 1
I’ve spent
Curious: by “original AT bracelet” do you mean the strap in your photo earlier, or the actual metal bracelet that comes on the AT?

If the latter, it’s a good example of “different strokes for different folks.” (A theme that got rather tense in a concurrent thread about NATOs.) I think the AT bracelet is among the best in the modern watch world. Really love the tapered oyster design with the hidden butterfly clasp rather than a bulky dive clasp. The only thing that could improve it, IMO, is a microadjust feature, but that’s hard to pull off in a hidden clasp design. (Vacheron manages it on the Overseas, but that’s high-end watchmaking, obviously.)

In any case, what you put together there looks great!

"Original AT Bracelet" I mean the actual metal bracelet that comes with the watch, the "oyster" one that you mention. Boy I hate it. It's bulky, hardly tapers (20->18mm), no microadjustment and huge polished inner links that stratch just by an eye-sight. But yeah - different strokes for different folks ;)

I do agree re: the polished bits. When I had my steel AT I actually brushed them myself and it was a vast improvement.

Like 2
I was at Roosevelt Mall w.my daughter after moving her into her dorm her Freshman year. There was a huge poster w. a green dial AT small second. I stopped dead in my tracks.

I have a small collection of vintage watches with two mid 60's Omegas but never really considered a more modern version...tho I always liked the what I call the Manhattan style Constellation.

Anyways....we ended up in the Omega store and it was fun! Never tried on a Speedy, (too big), I liked the AT SS but was totally blown away by the Globemaster.

In any event, this sent me down my current rabbit path, at a much higher price point than the garage sale steals that make up the bulk of my collection! ...and my daughter is the proud owner of a Swatch Venus she loves...she's becoming a watch geek!!!

Like 1