Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra (Skyfall) & Speedy Pro

1. marsy101 May 11, 2014

Hi Everyone,

I initially started using the forum last year, looking for a vintage Seamaster. I've learnt so much, it somehow feels like I should have always had an Omega! I've fallen for the AT (Skyfall) 231.10.39.21.03.001 and the Speedy pro 3570.50. I do intend to get both of these in the next couple of years. I've tried both on and am 100% sure they're the ones. My dilemma is which way round to do it.

I can't find used aqua terra's with that face but there are a few new ones on chrono24 like this one:

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/se...arch&tab=details&urlSubpath=/search/index.htm

I would probably get more use from the AT but the pro is something I love and will own, primarily for the history and the hand-wound movement. I would rather buy both second hand and save some cash. Obviously there's a big used speedy market so they're not that hard to find. There are no used AT's cheap enough to draw me away from discounted new prices.

I have up to 5k usd to spend at the moment, so the AT is in range but it doesn't leave much for a good speedy at 2.5-3k. I'm patient, so waiting for the AT to start hitting the second hand market at better prices is feasible.

This is obviously a 50/50 dilemma and not exactly a terrible one, but as a first time buyer, any strategic advice would be great!

Cheers!

2. ulackfocus May 11, 2014

Contact George / Kringkily for some help. He always has Speedmasters and I've seen him sell a Skyfall AT or two recently.

3. marsy101 May 11, 2014

Thanks, will do.

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 12, 2014

Good things come along to those who wait.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 12, 2014

I have and love both of these. I got my AT second hand from @DavidSW over on The Rolex Forum. He seems to have a good source.

6. marsy101 May 12, 2014

Thanks guys.

It definitely makes sense to make a move on a good speedy now and wait it out for a skyfall later. Ironically, there are more AT's for sale on the Rolex forum than this one!

All ears for more advice of course.