Aqua Terra rubber strap on SMP 300

I'm experimenting with different straps for my SMP 300 2531.80 and I thought of trying the aqua terra rubber strap (which I think looks much better than the standard rubber strap for this watch). I had to use curved spring bars to make it work. I couldn't find a photo online with this configuration so here are some pictures in case someone else also considers the same strap 😀

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

Good job - looks great!

I love the AT straps. I used to have a 2265.80 that I put on an AT strap but I don't remember what spring bars I used. I also put my post-2018 SMP on an AT strap - for the newer one, I had to use 20 x 1.5mm spring bars.

I love this strap! It's casual yet sophisticated. I can't believe how good the fit is with these older references. It's almost like it was made for this watch (except for the spring bar hole alignment). Here are a few more photos from the side

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

I initially went to the OB to ask if they could provide me with curved spring bars but the lady insisted that this combination of watch and strap was not compatible and that if I wanted to proceed I'd have to do it myself. I said that's okay I just need the spring bars and she told me that I had to give them the reference number to the specific spring bars I need. She wasn't very eager to help me find it. Long story short I bought some curved 20mm x 1.5mm spring bars from Amazon and did it myself lol. Feels secure but once I find OEM curved spring bars I'll switch to them.
Edited:

The strap looks better on your Seamaster than the Aqua Terra it was made for, IMO! I can’t get over how well the colors match, even after years of patina. I was never the biggest fan of that strap before your post, but it looks incredible on your watch.

Do make sure to get OEM spring bars,.. they are not created equal! I’ve seen some cheapo non-OEM ones snap in half with the smallest effort. 😲