Aqua terra or speedmaster.

Hey everyone. Would you trade in a FOIS speedy for a aqua terra. Looking at a white dial 38mm on bracelet (and would get the rubber strap too). Aqua terra with its water resistance would be a great everyday go anywhere piece. So many options to swap out straps, bracelet, and rubber. Part of me thinks I would regret making the move since the fois is no longer in production.
thanks everyone!

If you think you might regret it already then this is usually a sign for me that it shouldn’t be done. I saw a video recently from a watch dealer that a speedy is one of the watches that people regret selling and they sometimes sell another a year or so later to the same person. Another was the Rolex submariner.

I don’t think the Aqua Terra is going anywhere so you can make this a future purchase?

Good advice. I’ll just be patient and perhaps get lucky finding a preowned one. The 38mm shares 19mm lugs so that will be a nice to share straps between the two pieces.
Thx!

The Aqua Terra is a fine watch but it gets boring quickly and you will most likely end up regretting doing that trade

No, I wouldn’t. In my opinion, the FOIS will be one of the Speedmaster variants that will gain in value substantially over the next decade. While it was not a truly limited edition, it was made in far fewer numbers than other Speedmaster variants and it has a unique case/dial/hand combo that appeals to many.

I don’t wear my FOIS as much as I did a few years ago and have considered trading it toward something I want at the moment —but every time I think this, I wear it for a couple of days, reminding myself why I like it over all other Speedmaster Pros, and then put it away u til I decide to wear again.

in short, if you make this trade, I think you will regret it down the line.

My FOIS is in my top three favourite pieces I own and I would never consider trading it. I have a lot of stuff to trade and sell but a Speedy aint one of them.

As an owner of an Agua Terra (231.13.44.52.04.001), it is 44mm... I would trade FOIS for this....
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.25.59 AM.png

Looking at the current AT 38mm stock, I would definitely keep the FIOS.....

Yes, echoing others: keep that Speedmaster!

This past January I bought a new blue Aqua Terra 38, with bracelet and rubber strap, the latest darling of the online watch reviewers awhile back.

Aside from almost immediately wishing I had bought it in white, the AT was very shiny and dressy, much more so than I had anticipated. I tried to love it for eight months but just couldn’t bond with it, so I ended up trading it in for an awesome Seamaster 300m (which I really do love - much more my style). Yes, that cost me quite a bit, but the money is now forgotten. It’s better than having a $5400 watch in my box that I don’t like. As the saying goes, you pay for your lessons…

I wouldn’t go as far as to say I couldn’t get the AT off fast enough, but as soon as I got home I would always switch back to my Speedmaster (with a little “whew” under my breath). What does that tell you?

Thanks for the responses and kicking the senses back in me. Good reading about all your view points. FOIS is staying and I will just be patient to add on at a later time. Cheers!

Sold my FOIS to contribute to funds to purchase a grail watch from the Holy Trinity...

Whilst I love that new piece...and will never part with it...I regret selling the FOIS and wish I found those additional funds from elsewhere now.

FOIS was a great watch, esp. if you (like me) bought it at RRP new, stunning piece at a very reasonable price.

Would probably keep the fois. Out of production and value seems pretty good in the long run.

Hey everyone. Would you trade in a FOIS speedy for a aqua terra. Looking at a white dial 38mm on bracelet (and would get the rubber strap too). Aqua terra with its water resistance would be a great everyday go anywhere piece. So many options to swap out straps, bracelet, and rubber. Part of me thinks I would regret making the move since the fois is no longer in production.
thanks everyone!

Can't comment on the Speedy not having tried one in the flesh, but the AT I had lacked some magic. Beautifully executed watch, but the X factor was missing for me, and I don't even know why.

Wear both one on wrist each and see which gets more compliments. Haha

in all seriousness I have an Aqua Terra and a Speedy DSOTM and Speedy runs circles around the AT.

I’m surprised nobody asked the real question. Do you cook pasta?