Forums Latest Members
  1. Barcode Dec 17, 2018

2. Duckie Dec 17, 2018

Looks great.
    I personally love the model. And they're solid.
    It's hard to determine iif it's good value in the grand scheme of things, and as with all things related to used watches. One assumes a degree of risk.
    If you are after that type of watch or that particular model and you think it's a reasonable price then go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

Perhaps someone can chime in with regard to the likely variant of the Co-axial escapement, and it's idiosyncracies.

3. JeremyS Dec 19, 2018

I like the Aqua Terra. It’s a classic style, nice bracelet and strap options, and two sizes from which to choose. Value...that’s a tough one. Some models are already 55%off at certain gray market resellers (that’s the new version, 8900 movement!). I was thinking this might be the year I finally bought one...and then Omega released the new Seamaster Pro. I like dive watches, so I’m biased. It’s not a watch for which I would pay retail, or anywhere close to retail.

jflores likes this.
  4. Barcode Dec 22, 2018

Well... I went ahead and ordered the watch on the 18th at 7pm and just got the watch less than 4 days later. That was incredibly fast all the way from Japan! Watch looks great, I'm so excited :)

MustWatch and ptfly like this.
  5. Duckie Dec 22, 2018

Congratulations.
    Great watch with excellent versatility.
    Early Xmas present?

6. fastfras Dec 22, 2018

They're nice watches, beautiful dial, nice case size if your wrist is on the smaller size. Relatively inexpensive to service and are pretty reliable pieces. Wear it in the best of health OP, enjoy! My auto runs at around -2 SPD and the quartz is about 20+ SPY.

7. Barcode Dec 22, 2018

I tend to just get things when I want them, but we can call it a christmas present ;)

I wish watchmakers would list the lug to lug distance. If the lugs were any further apart this "36mm" would be too big for me. I hate when the watch lugs hang beyond my wrist, that's when I say a watch is too big. I have a Christopher Ward that is 38mm but sits about the same as the Omega, if anything has a shorter lug to lug.

Also I don't see a way to edit my posts... but I do want to give elady a shoutout so other people searching may see this. Once again, amazing speed from order to my doorstep, although I have not had a need to deal with their CSR so I have no opinion on that side of things. Cheers guys!

8. Barcode Dec 29, 2018

Didn't want to create a new thread, but I have a couple questions:

1) Where can I order more of the 1/2 or 2/3 size links? I have one but would like to get another.

2) What is the lug-lug size on this watch or where could I find a full specs sheet?

Thanks!