Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra Master Coaxial Versus Rolex Explorer (Old question, new movement)

1. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 17, 2014

I recently fell in love and purchased an Aqua Terra MCA with a blue face. I went in looking for the Seamster 300 MCA but I ended up not liking it and I just fell in love with the AT which for some reason I had never tried on. That being said I am craving for a while finding a Rolex that fits me and my collection. I traditionally have not liked Rolex because of the abuse the brand has gotten by being worn by every douche that can get a credit line. That said, I respect the brand and I'm not stupid so I know it's merits.

I don't think modern SM can compete with the Omega sea master Pro and PO lines so I'm more focused on a possible 5512 or 5513 purchase, and of course an Explorer or Milgauss.

So that is that for the history behind this question. After buying the AT I renewed my interest on comparisons between the AT and Explorer. In general these is the consensus (always by close margins)

1- Aesthetic - the AT
    2- wearability - the AT
    3- Movement - The Explorer (but this was before the Master movement)
    4- Value - The Explorer
    5- Iconic value - Explorer

Now that the Master Coaxial model with it's clean advances on Anti-Magnetism and the latest coaxial 8500 movement how do the experts on this forum measure these two amazing watches against each other?