Forums Latest Members
  1. Eubanks Apr 17, 2017

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hello everyone.

Having been a long time lurker, time is my first post!

I recently purchased an Omega Aqua Terra 8500 from an Omega Boutique. I have noticed in recent days that the clasp is exhibiting what I would consider to be a slight flaw but would very much appreciate the wisdom of other owners in this regard.

As you will see from the pictures below there appears to be a gap forming where the link meets the clasp, meaning that it is no longer flush against the clasp as it used to be and as it seems to be in other pictures of the Aqua Terra bracelet which I have seen.

Aside from slightly spoiling the aesthetic, I'm worried that this will comprise the durability / longevity of the bracelet given that there seem to be side to side movement at this point when worn.

I don't live near the boutique (which was in another country) and there are no ADs in the immediate vicinity. My question is, would you view this as a fault which I should get fixed and would it come under warranty?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

2. munichblue Apr 17, 2017

Took a quick shot of my AT clasp for comparison and it is definitely a fault which shall be fixed under warranty.

IMG_1501.JPG

3. Eubanks Apr 17, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

4. Meme-Dweller Apr 17, 2017

Looks like a half link with a bent inner pin. If the other half link isn't in use, swap it out and have Omega replace the damaged one with minimum downtime.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  5. Eubanks Jun 24, 2017

Just to update the thread, it turned out to be a faulty clasp and was repaired by replacing the deployant clasp and covered under the warranty.

Came back from Omega with some small scratches to the bracelet though, which I wasn't thrilled about!

jflores and Taddyangle like this.
  6. yinzerniner Jun 24, 2017

Sometimes the AT bracelets can get very finicky, and only really close well if you're closing/opening one specific end at a time. However, glad to see you got it covered under warranty, however the scratches from mounting it are unacceptable. Any half decent tech worth their salt should be able to mount/unmount a clasp without causing any damage.

7. danicycle Jun 25, 2017

yeah definitely worth getting looked at and repaired under warranty. My AT bracelet snaps in place and is trusty each time.. I would want to reassurance!

8. JoRiHa Jul 2, 2017

Just a question, does this bracelet fit on my older AT with 2500D?