Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra Chrono24 purchase advice

1. marsy101 Jul 24, 2014

Hi Guys,

I've finally got round to being in a position to buy the watch I have coveted for so long! AT 231.10.39.21.03.001 Skyfall.

There are plenty of options to buy used/nearly new from the States but the price (excluding import duties to Europe) works out being more expensive than purchasing it from within the EU. I need advice on buying from sellers on Chrono24. There is a seller in Italy who is a 'trusted seller' and has reviews as well as a decent price for brand new with box and all documents.

click here for chrono24 advert

Can I generally trust sellers on chrono24? Does anybody know this seller or at least have experience buying omegas from this site?

Really excited to finally be pulling the trigger!

Thanks everyone

marsy

2. marsy101 Jul 24, 2014

I've noticed that it's the Italian seller's that attract the most bad press. German's seem to be quite well perceived.

I know that you buy the seller, not the watch in the case of using ebay or chrono24. I'd rather have a less nerve-racking experience. If anyone can help me achieve this whilst buying in Europe, that would be great!

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2014

Just speak to Kringkily on here he is more legit than prob most on there. He will get you your skyfall!

NT931 likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Jul 24, 2014

Ooooooo, Skyfall!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. marsy101 Jul 24, 2014

that would be ideal but I just hate giving money to the tax man for import duties. I think I'll get in touch with him anyway.

I researched the seller ( http://www.ilnautilus.com/shop.asp ) and he has a physical store in Turin, Italy and has been mentioned on other forums, including one Italian forum, in mostly positive ways (impossible to avoid a poor comment if you sell high volumes of anything, right?!) Seems legit, and at 4,000 usd on par with anything i've seen from the States.

6. marsy101 Jul 24, 2014

Thanks, everytime I see real-world photos and of course the multitude of photos of it on my wrist, I love it even more!

Display back... thoughts about this over traditional, engraved hardback? Personally I prefer the hardback but it is cool to see what's going on inside once in a while.

7. NT931 Jul 25, 2014

I love display backs. Admittedly they add a bit more thickness, but personally I think it's a worthwhile trade-off for a view of the movement.

Besides, we're not dealing with an ultra-thin 8mm case here. The AT is already 12.5mm thick IIRC, so a slight increase in thickness won't be so noticeable compared to a thinner dress watch.

8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 25, 2014

Ive bought from italy on this site and had no problems from the seller. i think the italians are all getting tarred with the same brush. Now the italian postal service is criminal... Criminally slow.

9. marsy101 Jul 25, 2014

I think you're probably right. It's not fair, but whole countries can be type-cast as a result of a few bad dealers.

I just spoke with a chap from Orologeria Bodoni in Turin. Professional and great English. Very clear with the info re: issuing invoice, payment methods and shipping (they only use UPS - no snail mail).

Just waiting to get in touch with Il Nautilus. They have the same prices so it's really a matter of what vibe I get from both shops.

Having researched both sellers, I have seen enough to know that I can expect to get what I paid. There were criticisms about slow communication or not having stuff in stock, which I don't consider alarming. Nothing in terms of dishonest dealings etc.

I'll keep you posted.

10. Varasc Jul 25, 2014

Hi all. If you need assistance with translation in Italian for this purchase, feel free to contact me. I'd avoid our "normal" postal service, too, but I admit I never had an issue. And in Piedmont the average seller is pretty honest - it's my own region.

11. marsy101 Jul 25, 2014

Hi Varasc, thank you for the offer, really appreciate it.

I live in Poland and the postal service operates well, domestically. Try and send anything in and out of the country with standard mail and you're just asking for trouble!

I'll have a look at some sellers in your region. Any in particular that you like?

12. marsy101 Jul 25, 2014

I do like seeing the guts!

I also love the seahorse, but there'll no doubt be other watches down the line for me to fulfil this small desire ;)